Search for content in message boards

Augusta, Sicily, Catholic Church Addresses

Augusta, Sicily, Catholic Church Addresses

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:18AM GMT
Surnames: Chiaro, Lazzarotti
My grandparents were both from Augusta Sicily which is south of Catania and north of Siracusa. Cristophor Chiaro and Leonarda Lazzarotti Chiaro. We assume they were married in the local church in approximately 1908. We would like to attain any baptismal, communion, confirmation and marriage records of them. We would also love to have any of their family's similar records.

Living outside of Kansas City, Missouri,I have no way to begin to search for these.

Can anyone give me the name and address of the Catholic Church(es) there. Also any cemetaries in Augusta.
You can contact me personally at cveach0553@kc.rr.com

Re: Augusta, Sicily, Catholic Church Addresses

Posted: 22 May 2006 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 11:18AM GMT
I am also looking for this info. HOpeful that someone will share info!

Posted: 8 Sep 2010 7:50AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Passanisi, Spinali, Spinale
Leaving for Augusta Sicily on Sept 20, 2010. I should be able to locate Catholic churches with family records. I'm particularly interested in surnames of Passanisi, Spinale, and Spinali in the 19th century.

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 6:43PM GMT
Hi....I have a great-great-great grandmother who was a Passinisi....married to a Limeri from Augusta/Brucoli area.

Re: Augusta, Sicily, Catholic Church and Limeri

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: Limeri, Coppola, Bordonado, Longo, Bulone
My wife's relatives include Rosaria Limeri from Brucoli. Born in 1873. Died in 1917 (?) and buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery in Conneaut, Ohio. Married to Francesco Coppola.

Other family members lived in Buffalo and Cleveland. Names include Bordonado, Coppola, Limeri, Longo, and Bulone.

Romy Myszka

Re: Augusta, Sicily, Catholic Church and Limeri

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Limeri Bordonaro
Hi, I'm so glad you posted! There is definitely a connection, though I am not sure how. My Limeri family is from Brucoli and we also have a Bordonaro connection. My great-great grandmother was a Bordonaro. Please contact me via my email address: Gemstar15@aol.com I look forward to hearing from you!

Teresa

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 4:23PM GMT
I am going to Sicily in September 2013. I want to visit the Catholic Church where my Grandparents were Baptized and where they were married. If you were successful in finding the names of the Catholic Churches in Augusta I would really appreciate receiving a copy of the list. I would like to try to find their records as well as the grave sites of my great, great great, etc. grandparents.
Thanks.

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 2:11AM GMT
My grandfather was raised by Gaetana Salifia and Salvatore Passinisi in this area and was wondering if this is the same family. His name was Carmelo Nilo and he was born in 1887 and they cared for him from birth. Please reply if this is the same family and if you have any additional info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic