Search for content in message boards

John Goddard

John Goddard

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2001 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: GODDARD, MAXEY
My Gr Grandfather, John Goddard, b 1818 in TN, married Sarah Jane (Mary) Maxey, b 1833 in TN. They were the parents of 5 children: Walker, Susan Elizabeth, John Morgan, Sarah Francis Ruth Margaret. I have information about John Morgan (my Grandfather). Looking for information about any of the others. Please email watmaryellen@mindspring.com.

Re: John Goddard

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 9:04PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2005 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Goddard, Tate, Klepser
Do you know if this Walker Goddard married Barzillai Marguerite Tate and had a daughter Lena Edna? My husband's cousin, Russell Klepser, married Lena Edna. At the time of their marriage she had two sons, Edward H. (born 4-14-1916, Wichita, KS: died 6-8-1967, Indianapolis, IN; bur Lancaster Cemetery, Huntington Co, IN) and Harold Glenn (b 5-16-1918, MtVernon, IL; d 10-18-1978, Lebanon, IN; bur Oak Hills, Lebanon, IN), who were adopted by Russell. We have been seeking information on this Goddard family for several years and have been unsuccessful.

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Klepser, Goddard
Hi John. My name is Barbara Klepser and I was married to Harold Klepser from 1971-1978. I seen your message on the message boards and it was interesting. I have Edna Klepser died in 1976, she was my mother in law and was married to Russell Klepser. They lived on Fall Creek in Indianapolis. Russell was a security guard for a prison in Ylispina, Michigan. Harold had 3 children and then adopted my three. I have a photo album with pictures of the Goddard's and the Klepser's. Harold was from Huntington and worked for G.W. Grant's and farmed. Harold had a brother Edward Klepser he married Georgie they also lived in Indianapolis and both are deceased. I will be happy to help in any way i can. Hope to hear from you soon. Barbara

Mary E Watson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2002 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Goddard, Williams, Johnson
Please contact me via email if your John Goddard has any connection to mine. John moved from Tennessee to Jefferson County, Illinois and I believe most of his family stayed in that area. They were very early settlers. I know Margaret Goddard (Williams) family and, of course, John Morgan Goddard's family but that is all. I have a copy of John's will from Jefferson Co Illinois and much information about John's ancestors.

Do you have any connection to a Walker Johnson?

Willing to share all info and pictures I have.

Mary Watson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2002 12:07AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2002 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Goddard
Do you know who Walker Goddard's father was? All I know is Walker's siblings, one of which is John Morgan Goddard, one of his sons was Freddie Walker Goddard, my father. If Walker (born 1864 in Jefferson County) is the one you are looking for I have a lot of information on his family.

Mary Ellen Watson

O'Reba (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2002 1:07PM GMT
Surnames: Goddard, Klepser, Tate
Hi,
No, I do not know who is Walker Goddard's father. I obtained Walker's name when I requested the Social Security Application filed by Lena Edna Goddard Klepser who was married to my husband's cousin, Russell Klepser, in 1922. The application listed Edna's father and mother (Barzillai Marguerite Tate). Edna listed her birth place as Mt. Vernon, Jefferson County, Illinois, 5 April, 1894. I have located a 1920 census for Spring Garden Twp, Jefferson Co, IL that list a Walker Goddard and Mollie, his wife. This Walker states he was born in Illinios, his father in Kentucky and mother in Tennessee. This could be the parents of Edna, but I have no proof. Would appreciate your thoughts on this. O'Reba

Re: John Goddard; Lena Edna Goddard Klepser

O'Reba (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2002 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Goddard, Klepser
Please send me any information you have on Edna Goddard Klepser, your late husband's Mother. Russell and my Father-in-law were cousins and step-brothers. Russell's Mother married her brother-in-law after their spouses died. I have been seeking information on Edna but have been unsuccessful. My husband says they met in Milford, Michigan when Russell visited. Edna was working as a waitress in a local restaurant. They married about 1922. Edna must have been married before as Edward and Harold were about 6 and 4 respectfully. Russell had been married, having three children by his first wife, Elma. Two children died young. The other child, Carl, married Marguerite. They have a grave marker in Lancaster Cemetery, Lancaster, Indiana. This marker contains birth dates but no death dates so I assume they are still living; both were born in 1921. Would appreciate any information you could give me on Edna and her family. My husband, his Mother and sister stopped in Indianapolis to visit Edna and learned she had died about 6 months earlier. O'Reba

O'Reba (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2002 2:20AM GMT
Made typo in my email address. Correct one listed here. Hope to hear from you soon. O'Reba

O'Reba (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2002 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: Goddard, Klepser
Hi,
In reviewing notes made when we visited Lancaster Cemetery, Lancaster, Indiana, I find there is a marker for Walker A. Goddard, 1863-1931. The marker is located near the graves of Russell E. Klepser and Lena Edna Goddard Klepser. Edna was born Mt. Vernon, Jefferson County, Illinois in 1894. She listed Walker Allen Goddard as her Father on SS Application. She had two sons, one was also born Mt. Vernon, Jefferson County, Illinois. Does this information tie in with your Walker Goddard?

Mary Goddard Watson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2002 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2002 12:38PM GMT
Surnames: GODDARD
Thank you so much for the info. I feel sure these persons are related. I will check further. Please correspond with me at watmaryellen@mindspring.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic