Search for content in message boards

Leddy Ireland

Leddy Ireland

Posted: 19 Jul 2009 4:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leddy
Searching for LEDDY FAMILY FROM Ireland . Elizabeth Leddy maiden name unknown had sons Samuel 1860 John 1858 also daughters Mary 1862 Kate 1857 and Ann 1850 Elizabeth was born in Ireland in 1837 and had all the children there except John who was born in England. The family can be located in Scotland in 1881 but no information on dad or roots in Ireland. Is this a dead end or can anyone out there help?

Re: Leddy Ireland

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 6:05PM GMT
Dear member I am searching the leddy name also
My Laddy family came from Co Cavan to Scotland in around 1850's I am searching if I can trace if they returned to Ireland
Amongst the names are Michael Leddy and Mathew Leddy and I think they were from Beglieve townland near Baillieborough
Any assistance of your scottish links would be welcome Thanks in anticipation
Joe Fitzgerald

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 7:15PM GMT
Sorry Joe i don't think this is the same family. My Leddy connections are from co. Limerick but good luck in your research

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: LEDDY AND COLLINS
Hi, Sorry this is very late in replying but i am also searching for my family tree and there are alot of similarities to the ones you are searching.
I am looking for ELIZABETH LEDDY ( maiden name COLLINS - i think)....had sons Samuel around 1863 ( to be confirmed 100%), also had son John 1858 ( He is actually my Great Great grandfather i believe), daughters Mary ( b 1862), Kate ( 1867?), Ann b unknown) and Elizabeth ( 1870 i think) but died 1876.
JOHN ( as i mentioned i believe is my great great grandfather) moved to Scotand ( where i live), and married in 1885.
I believe Elizabeth LEDDY, nee Collins was married to Daniel Leddy born 1820 died 1876, Elizabths father was William Collins and Mother was Margaret Collins ( nee Muir)...this sounds very similar if not same as your family tree hunt....whats your connection and can we share anymore info>?
Be great to hear more as i am really stuck now.
cheers
Lorraine Cockburn ( nee Leddy)

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Leddy
hi Lorraine, thanks for the reply I thought it was a long shot but it appears we are researching the same family. My great grandmother was Annie Leddy nee Burns and was married to John Leddy. His parents are as you said Daniel leddy and Elizabeth Collins.
John and Annie had 6 children Ithink My grandmother Annie being one of them. As your maiden name was Leddy I am guessing you are the grandchild of Daniel or John Leddy as I know the children of My great Uncle Samuel. I would like to communicate directly with you but need to find out how this works, perhaps it is possible to let you view my tree so far. thanks so much for replying and i think i have worked out that we may be second cousins - regards Ann

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: LEDDY
Hi,
Such a small world!
Maybe best to contact via email: lorraine@cockburn73.fsnet.co.uk

My dad is JOHN Leddy, Sone of Samuel, who was Son of John Leddy and Annie (nee Burns)!!!!

I started doing the family tree years ago and have come back to it a few times, but i am not 100% confident on dates ..but if you email me to my above address i will share what i have and if you could do the same that would be great!

So nice to hear from you , be great to pull our knowledge and have amore updated tree...as i said please note someof the info i have is skethcy....
cheers
Lorraine

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 5:22PM GMT
I think we might be related but m not too sure but you can inbox Jan Joyce on Facebook n she could giveu some answers coz she is my oldest aunt in the UK.... good luck with your quest and it would be nice to jc the whole family together....thanx 4 it efforts....
Xoxo

Posted: 5 Jan 2012 7:47PM GMT
Hi Mary is my Grandmother who is still living in ireland im glad i seen this information are we related
per page

Find a board about a specific topic