Search for content in message boards

Skerries, Ireland

Skerries, Ireland

Posted: 24 Jul 2002 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 4 Jun 2005 11:08PM GMT
The persons named below are not related to me, and the only other information I have is that they came from Skerries, County Dublin, Ireland.

"Surname Index to the 1861 Census Returns of Ships" (LDS# 6025598)
Name-Age-Sex-Married/Single-Occupation-Birthplace-Ship Name-LDS Film#-RG9#-Page#.
Seavour, Patrick-32-M-S-ABS-Dolphin-543294-4496-18A

"Deaths at Sea of British Nationals (Ireland), 1875-1888" (LDS # 1483318).
Ship Name, Official #, Arrived, Died, Deceased Name, Age, Occupation, Cause of Death
Falcon, 14871, wrecked 2.12.76, 2.12.76, Patrick Seaver, 50, ABS, Drowned

"Deaths at Sea of British Nationals (Ireland), 1875-1888" (LDS # 1483318).
Ship Name, Official #, Arrived, Died, Deceased Name, Age, Occupation, Cause of Death
Venezuelan, 29980, 10.4.80, 28.2.80, John Seaver, 22, ABS, Fell down hold

Re: Skerries, Ireland

Gaye Stradwick (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2002 9:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seaver
Hello,
Just saw your posting. Any other information on Seavers? I am researching Seavers in North County Dublin from mid 1750's to mid 1850's.(Also Dollards and Lockes)
Thanks,
Gaye

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 4:25PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2003 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Halpin, Farrell, Magee/McGee
I have no other information on the Seavers, Dollards, or Lockes. However, a Seaver reunion was held at Malahide Castle (County Dublin) in July 2002. Have you contacted the Skerries Historical Society? Their e-mail address is on their website. Another good source is the Fingals Heritage Group.

My interest in Skerries concerns the Halpin, Farrell, and Magee lines.

Gaye Stradwick (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 8:41AM GMT
Surnames: Seaver, Dollard, Locke.
Hello!
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have contacted Fingal Heritage Group and they found some records for me some years back. I am also in contact with the Skerries Historical Society and they have been a great help. I was at the Seaver reunion in July and it was very good! Also did a lot of researchin Dublin then. Your name is certainly one that comes up a lot in the area! I wish I could be of some help with your names, but I can't. I guess you have tried this already, but do you know of a book called "The 1798 Rebellion in Fingal" by Peadar Bates? I may have told you about this in an earlier posting - can't remember, sorry. But it's excellent for Fingal family research - all our names are in there! I have an address to get a copy if you are unable to get it. Thanks again.
Gaye

Posted: 4 Nov 2002 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2003 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Halpin, Farrell, Magee/McGee
Thanks for your tip about Peadar Bates' book. I found a copy of it at the Library of Congress -- it included the name of one of my ancestors who was a member of the United Irishmen.

I've found that some of the Skerries families were connected by marriage after they emigrated. So, some of those connections are still to be discovered.

Posted: 4 Sep 2006 11:27PM GMT
Hi, Gaye,
I'm doing a study on UI in the US, but at present, haven't found anything from Fingal. Could you tell me where to buy the book you recommend? Thanks
Nancy

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 10:48PM GMT
My grandfather came from Ireland when he was 17 years old. He settled in Phila. Pa. and later was a ship's engineer in the the Merchant Marines. I do not know where he was born in Ireland or of his dad and mom. Hope for news Pat Smith

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 11:08PM GMT
I do not know where my grandad John S Seaver came from iin Ireland--but he was born in1868 came to America in 1875. Settled in Phila. Pa. Would love to know where he was born and who his folks were. Thanks Patricia Smith

Posted: 4 Mar 2011 10:34PM GMT
Most likely it was Fingal (lusk) area. Alot of the crop came from that area. Godspeed!

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Seaver, Boland, O'Leary, Magarahan,
reread your message , Gaye
and i thank you. Patsy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions