Search for content in message boards

FIERRO brothers: Angel, Roberto, & Rodolfo

FIERRO brothers: Angel, Roberto, & Rodolfo

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2007 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: Fierro
My Grandmother on my mother's side was a Fierro. Of what I know is that she had brother's named: Angel, Roberto and Rodolfo Fierro. Angel worked at the "Aduana" in Juarez. Roberto was a pilot and Rodolfo was the one in the Mexican Revolution. All of them died before I was born, so I know very little of them.
Luis

Re: FIERRO brothers: Angel, Roberto, & Rodolfo

Posted: 23 May 2012 11:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello:

You are descended not only from Rudolfo Fierro, but from General Roberto Fierro, the pilot! General Fierro set an aviation record in the
Thirties by flying from New York City to Ciudad Chihuahua non-stop. He
later helped organize the Mexican air force. The airport at Ciudad Chihuahua is named after him.

My maternal grandfather was Esteban Fierro, but I don't know who his father was. Esteban had a brother nick named "Lalo", which I think was short for Laureano. I think he also had a brother named Candelario. He married Manuela Lozano, my grandmother. She had a brother named Marcos, who was killed in an auto accident around 1952.There is a photo of Rudolfo Fierro in Wikipedia, and he looks like I did in my thirties.

My mom (Romana Ruffina Fierro) passed away in 1973. My tia Anita is
In her nineties but she does not remember much as she has dementia. My grandmother married Manuel Pena after Esteban Fierro left her "To fight with Villa." (A lot a men used that excuse to take off!) My mom was born in Terlingua Texas, and they moved to the Chamizal in El Paso at some point.
Does any of this sound familiar?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions