Search for content in message boards

Richard Arnold Finlayson (1920-2007) Obituary

Richard Arnold Finlayson (1920-2007) Obituary

Posted: 4 Nov 2007 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Finlayson, LIndell, Carter
Idaho State Journal, 11/04/07

SODA SPRINGS — Richard Arnold Finlayson, 87, of Soda Springs, passed away Friday, Nov. 2, 2007, at the Caribou Memorial Hospital in Soda Springs. He was born April 7, 1920, at Sandy, Utah, the son of Allan Milton and Ebba Ethel Lindell Finlayson. Richard was raised in Sandy until he was 12 years old when the family moved to Hunter, Utah. where he graduated from Cyprus High School. His family then moved to Idaho Falls, where he built homes with his father for several years. He then moved to Soda Springs. living on a ranch in Trail Canyon; then to Conda, Idaho. for a few years before moving back to Soda Springs.
Richard married Laura Maxine Carter, July 18, 1941. in Ammon, Idaho. Their marriage was later solemnized in the Idaho Falls Temple on March 31, 1950. He served in World War II in the South Pacific. He served in various church callings, including bishop of the Soda Springs LDS Sixth Ward for five years; He served an LDS mission with his wife in the South Dakota, Rapid City Mission. He also served as an officiator in the Logan Temple for 20 years.
Richard was owner of R & F Enterprises, which built over 300 homes in Soda Springs; He was employed at Monsanto for 19 years. He was a contractor and carpenter.
Richard is survived by his wife, Laura Finlayson of Soda Springs; 2 sons and 2 daughters and their spouses; Kenneth Richard and Mary Finlayson, Soda Springs; James Allan and Jeannette Finlayson, Grand Junction, Colo.; Julie Ann and Rondo Perkins, Bancroft, Idaho; Lora Lyn and Cameron Armstrong, Idaho Falls, Idaho; also 25 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, and a brother. Robert M. Finlayson, Salt Lake City, Utah. He was preceded in death by his parents, 2 sisters, a brother and a daughter, Lynda Lee.
Funeral services will be conducted on Tuesday, Nov. 6, at 1 p.m. at the Soda Springs LDS 1st Ward. located at 361 S. 3rd E., with Bishop Greg Torgesen officiating. Friends may call on Monday evening at the Sims Funeral Home from 7 to 8 p.m. and on Tuesday at the church from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 prior to services. Burial will be in the Fairview Cemetery with military graveside services.
Services are under the direction of the Sims Funeral Home.

Re: Richard Arnold Finlayson (1920-2007) Obituary

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 7:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello I have just found your information on Richard Arnold Finlayson. I have a connection to the Finlayson family in NZ & would like to make contact with the USA branch and some stage. Thank you Jenn Signal

Re: Richard Arnold Finlayson (1920-2007) Obituary

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am sorry but I am not a member of this family. I am a volunteer for Rootsweb and place obituaries in counties in Idaho where I have either lived or am acquainted. I know several members of the Finlayson family, however. I suggest that you contact the mortuary that handled the funeral or contact family members shown as survivors.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions