Search for content in message boards

Farlan Ball

Farlan Ball

Kurt Boldt (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ball, Revels, Thompson, Heale, Thornton
I am looking for the family of Farlan Ball bn. abt 1730. I believe his father was David Ball and mother was Ellen Heale. Farlan md. Mary Rachel Revels and had Rachel Ball my ancestor. Rachel bn. abt 1770 md. Joseph Thompson bn. abt 1764 on 4/9/1784 Loudon County. They moved to Ohio from there. Any help with this family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2001 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Thornton
Just curious how Thornton fits in with this line. Thanks

Re: Farlan Ball

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ball, Thompson, Underwood
I have traced my family back to Rachel Ball and Joseph Thompson via their daughter Hannah who married William Underwood who had a daughter Lucy who was my great great grandmother.

Please contact me at gardenscents@yahoo.com and we can compare notes if you wish.

RuthAnne Evans

As a side note, William Underwood's father, Jesse, married a Mary Revel(s) born in France and I haven't been able to
find anything about her. She was born in 1766. Maybe a daughter of this Mary?

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 8:03PM GMT
I would like to see the source that states Farling Ball married Mary Rachel Revells, and that they had a daughter named Rachel. I have not found any such reference in Loudoun County records.

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 9:49PM GMT
Pat - I do not have a source but we are talking about two different branches of the family, I believe. The Ball family in Loudoun that I am researching were Quakers and scattered west to Ohio (my branch) and W. Virginia and Pennsylvania. My Rachel Ball was married to Joseph Thompson and they had a daughter, Hannah, who married an Underwood. The Farling Ball I've seen is born later than Farlan Ball. Don't know if they are related and I could be wrong. I am still looking for information.

RuthAnne

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 10:11PM GMT
The only two Farling Ball that I know of in Loudoun County are a father and son. Farling Ball, born sometime around 1730 or so, did marry a Mary (surname unknown.) Farling was a Quaker but married out of unity. He had several sons, including Isaac, John, Stephen, Nathan, and Farling Jr. Farling Sr died in 1804 in Loudoun. Farling Ball Jr last appears on the Loudoun Co Personal Property Tax Lists in 1819. Several delinquent lists shows he did not pay the tax as he had no property. The 1807 delinquent list states "good for nothing."

What is the information you have concerning your Farlan Ball?

You can email me directly.

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions