Kentucky Porters

Kentucky Porters

Porter (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:01PM GMT
My grandfather was from Kentucky - he was
Henry Porter and came, I believe, from
Logansport, Kentucky. He had a brother named
Walker. Married Zetta Hearn King and settled
in Cincinnati. He managed a hotel for a time. Does this information connect to any-
one else's named Porter?

Ky Porters

Alta J. Porter (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 1:39PM GMT
I have a Felix Walker Porter born 1815 in Ky. He died in 1855 in Indiana. He was married to Nancy McKim on 1/28/1836. She died 1843 in Indiana.
His father (Alexander M. Porter) was born in NC in 1760 and died in Indiana in 1839 or 40.
Would love to find a connection. Have been looking for relatives of Alexander M. Porter Contact me via e-mail (Altajack@aol.com) with subject of: Porter Ancestors.

Re: Kentucky Porters

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 4:50PM GMT
Alta, I have a 3rd great grandfather, Felix Walker Porter, born KY ca 1815, died Spencer County, Indiana. He was my grandmother's mother's father. His daughter was Fidella Porter (my 3rd great-grandmother). I do not know any of Felix Walker Porter's siblings - tho I have worked for years on this. Do have a lot of Porter "This and That" from Spencer Co. IN and other Indiana Counties. Did your Porter's have any relations in Ohio Co. KY. That is where it is believed Fidella Porter met Felix Walker Porter, or perhaps he was visiting in Spencer Co. Would love to exchange information with you.
Janice Cox Brown

Re: Ky Porters

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 9:25PM GMT
Alta, since last corresponding with you in 2001, I have learned and compiled a great deal of information on Felix Walker Porter who md. Nancy McKim, and 2nd, Mary Margaret Dugan. Felix died about 1857 in Spencer Co. IN. Please contact me if we can exchange information.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:44AM GMT
My grand father was Walker Porter from Floyd County Ky. I am not sure if he had a brother named Henry but my dad had a cousin named Henry Porter.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:47AM GMT
My grand father was Walker Porter from Floyd County Ky. I am not sure if he had a brother named Henry but my dad had a cousin named Henry Porter. My grand father also moved to Cincinnati.

Re: Ky Porters

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:56AM GMT
It's funny how the name Walker Porter keeps popping up in these searches. My grand father was named Walker Porter. He was born in Floyd County Ky. My family also has a connection to North Carolina.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic