Search for content in message boards

Karonhappuc "Cary" Barton Hughey

Karonhappuc "Cary" Barton Hughey

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 3:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2003 2:02AM GMT
Does anyone have any information on Karonhuppuc "Cary" Barton that married George Hughey on June 3, 1827 in Perry County, Alabama. Cary is the daughter of Benjamin Barton and Nancy Tubb Barton. Does anyone know who Benjamin's parents are? Nancy Tubb's parents are John and Karonhuppuc Tubb. Would appreciate any information on this request, will be glad to share any information that I have. Thanks, Joe B. Barton

Re: Karonhappuc "Cary" Barton Hughey

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 3:30PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2003 3:03AM GMT
Joe, I have The Heritage of Perry County Alabama book. On page 124/5 it talks about the George Hughey m Karenhappue "Cary" Barton family, but it only lists Cary as the daughter of Benjamin Barton, Justice of the Peace in Perry County and Nancy Tubb. It further states that Cary married a Thomas Barton in Noxunee County MS on 8 Oct 1844, George having died sometime before 1840.

There is more info on the Tubb family, but nothing else on the Bartons or which Benjamin this is.

Hope this helps some. Terry

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 4:53PM GMT
Thanks Terry. I am not sure that this Benjamin Barton is the brother to David, John Thomas(my line), william(Billy), Elisha or not. I can't find any documentation on that. I am going to post this message on the Hughey message board and see if I get a hit. Joe

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 8:47PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2004 8:55PM GMT
Hi Joe,
I am from this Hughey line, but I don't have anything on Benjamin Barton's family. Cary Barton Hughey was born in
Dickson, Tn. This may be a lead for you.

George and Cary moved to Oklahoma for his health. I am not sure if he died in Oklahoma or Noxubee, Ms. Cary married Thomas Barton in Noxubee, Ms on Oct 8, 1844.
I have an extensive line on the Hughey family I will be glad to share. Mary mfb2@earthlink.net

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 8:59PM GMT
Hi Mary,

Thanks for responding. I'd certainly like to have what you have on the Hughey line. I saw where George and Cary went west but did know where. I just sent you a message to your e-mail address: mfb@us.inter.net. Let me know if that is not a good address. I see where this response from you came from a different address. I will be glad to share what I have. My e-mail address is: jolin@dbtech.net. Phone: 1-205-926-7865.
Joe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions