Search for content in message boards

Obit - Richard D. Bates 1916-18 to 2002

Obit - Richard D. Bates 1916-18 to 2002

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 1:09AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 28 Jul 2005 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Bates, Ohlson, Dexter, Adams, Barbour
This obituary was in the Narragansett Times (Narragansett, RI), Feb. 20, 2002. The date of death would have fallen Feb. 13, 2002. My sympathy to the family.

Cyndi

Richard D. Bates
Retired locksmith, organ-builder

Richard Dexter Bates, 85, of Bluebird Lane, Iverness, Fla., formerly of Warwick (RI), a retired locksmith, died Wednesday at Citrus Memorial Hospital, Iverness.

He was the husband of Helen Adams-Bates, and the late Laura E. Barbour Bates. Born in Providence, he was a son of the late Charles and Annie (Ohlson) Bates. He had lived in Warwick before moving to Florida in 1987.

Mr. Bates had worked for the former Dudley Hardware, Providence. He was a member and head deacon of Victory Baptist Church, Iverness. He was also an organ enthusiast and built his own electric organ.

He leaves five sons, Richard D. Bates Jr. of North Kingstown, David W. and Russell J. Adams, both of Warwick, Richard S. Adams of Narragansett, and Robert B. Adams of Swansea; two daughters, Gail M. Adams and Joyce L. Andrade, both of Warwick; a sister, Florence Dexter of Providence; and 24 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren. He was the father of the late Alan E. Bates, and brother of the late Albert O. Bates and Ruth Dexter.

A memorial service was held Monday at Victory Baptist Church, Iverness. Burial will be Smithville Cemetary, North Scituate. (RI)

Re: Obit - Richard D. Bates 1916-18 to 2002

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2003 6:46AM GMT
Surnames: BATES
Richard Dexter Bates was my stepfather. If anyone connects or has information on this line, I would like to hear from you.

Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic