Search for content in message boards

Black Families in Edgecombe Co., North Carolina

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 8:31AM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2002 3:42PM GMT
I am seeking other interested researchers who are researching the following families in the Edgecombe, Nash and Wilson county area of North Carolina:

Lancaster, Lawrence, Dawes, Hinton, Bynum, Williams, Staton and Proctor

african american HINTON's in edgecombe county, NC

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 8:37AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 4:43PM GMT
Hi Deborah,

I am interested. I am looking for aa relatives in edgecombe, nash and johnston counties specifically Rachel Hinton who was owned by Malachi Hinton as well as her parents until the age of 7.

Erika Staton (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 7:20PM GMT
Hello! I am interested in research of my african-american family the "STATONS" in the areas listed. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Sincerely,

Hintons in the Family NC - not Edgecomb

Posted: 14 Oct 2000 8:10PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 11:06AM GMT
Hi, Melissa, I am not from Edgecombe, my family is from Mt.Olive NC. My aunt who passed last April was name Jeanette Graham Hinton - she married John Earl Hinton. Her children live now in Goldsboro, Raleigh and Conn. Are you part of those Hinton's. I hope you find the info that you are looking for

Re: Hintons in the Family NC - not Edgecomb

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 10:10PM GMT
I am looking for anyone that has knowledge on Hinton's specifically Jerry Hayden Hinton or Hayden Jerry Hinton. He may have lived in Ashville. Had a son Wilburt Jerry Hinton by Cora Mae Calvin. Wilburt was a pastor of Knoxville Tn. Jerry Hayden or visa verse would of passed sometime in the 1950's. Please help if you can.

Re: african american HINTON's in edgecombe county, NC

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 10:13PM GMT
If anyone has any information please share. We would like to find Wilburt's Family. Feel free to respond

Re: Black Families in Edgecombe Co., North Carolina

Posted: 6 Oct 2001 2:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jul 2002 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: staton
hi,erika staton my nick nane is bubba and also i grew up with
my grand an gg mother who,s names are mary (staton) brown
gg laura staton, aribell staton.i was born in edgecombe co.nc
with my staton family i am 53 yr,s and lived on main st, get back with me.asap 10-6-01

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 2:46AM GMT
Also looking for information on African-American Staton's of Edgecombe, NC.

Posted: 22 Aug 2002 2:32PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2002 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: Staton
Our great-aunt, Ellen Lancaster, married a Fred Staton back in the early 1900's. We are trying to locate her children and their descendants. I have all the children's names (as well as a few grandchildren) at home that were listed in the 1910 US census. Please contact me directly at dal9573@aol.com

Deborah Lancaster

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 3:19AM GMT
My name is Michael Staton currently residing in Philadelphia, Pa. I'm also searching for ancestors with the name Staton. My maternal grandparents are Mitchell and Rose(Hinton) Staton from Edgecombe Co. North Carolina. Rose recently passed away on July 7, 2007 in Newark, New Jersey at the age of 90. Any additional information would be helpful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic