Search for content in message boards

CARROLL of Johnson City NC (and Georgia)

CARROLL of Johnson City NC (and Georgia)

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 11:57AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2004 4:02PM GMT
. I can go descendent -wise to today from Daniel Carrol to John Wesley Carrrol to me..but know absolutely nothing else. A note typed as a preface to a Carroll Reunion states:Exazctly 200 years ago, in 1787 with his wife ans six children, William Carroll moved from Johnson County, NC to Richmond Co., GA where he received a land-grant from Governor Telfair. One of Williams grandsons, Daniel Carroll, who married a Quaker, Theodate Kindrick, in 1821, moved across several Georgia counties and finally settled in Meriwether County in 1850, One of his sons, John W. Carroll married Susan Bowden who was a descendant of a notable French Hugenot family who migrated to this country from La Rochelle, France in 1686." .....John W. Carroll was my greatgrandfather. I remember being invited to this Carroll Reunion back in 1987,,,but was not interested in genealogy then and lived 100 miles away from my hometown in Meriwether Co., GA

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 5:18PM GMT
I am looking for any one who has any information on my Gmother,Samantha Carroll, or carol, she married Leonard Stephens in about 1879 or 1880 or maybe 78. my records show that in 1880 they lived in union county Ga.in this cencus she was 22 and he was 20
any help would be appreciated very much
madvjo@aol.com

Re: CARROLL of Johnson City NC (and Georgia)

Posted: 4 May 2013 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll
Can't give you much info on the Carroll line but I can on the bowden line. John W Carroll was my great great great grandfather. I wish I had more info on the Carroll's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions