Search for content in message boards

Kentucky Neal genealogy available

Kentucky Neal genealogy available

Posted: 29 May 2003 4:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a large amount of information on the Kentucky branch of the Neal family that I'm willing to share. This is information gathered by a professional genealogist that I spent a couple of thousand dollars on, not some amateur job, so it's reliable. I'm willing to give it away for free though, if I can get some information in return from other Neals who can help me fill in the blanks. I would also dearly love to settle this whole "Native American in the family" business once and for all. I tried to pry information out of my father before he died at age 89 in 1999, but with no luck. The fact that he had had brain damage thanks to an auto accident didn't help. He was very "Indian looking" with black hair, a very dark complexion, high cheekbones and profile. I also am, but with fairer hair, thanks to my mother's German genes. He would not be pinned down about where the Native American relative was, although he was vociferous about being Indian himself. So if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. If you want the genealogy, no matter whether you can help me or not, just e-mail me at editorneal@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you. My expense is your gain.

Re: Kentucky Neal genealogy available

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2003 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: neal
I am searching for information on Walter J Neal born about 1845 and who had a daughter Sarah Leah(sallie) born 1876. Sallie's mother was listed as Lucy. I know they at one time lived in Maysville, Kentucky. I would love to have a new lead on these people. Sorry I don't have any information to offer yet.

Dennis Neal (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2003 6:49PM GMT
No Walter Neal in my family tree. There was a Creath Neal who was married to a Sarah Neal and they had a daughter named Lucy, but the time you reference doesn't match up.

Posted: 4 Jun 2003 1:45AM GMT
I have information on Walter J Neal and his wife Lucy. I don't have record of a daughter named sarah/sallie unless she maybe married a Edward Hull or John Clarke. If you want to share info on this family please send me an email junjulaug@go.com. Traci

Charles Neal (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2003 12:50AM GMT
Been working the Neal and Irvin family for about 5 years and have come to a dead end. I also would like to settle the "Indian" connection. I really feel that since my GGreatgrandmother had a name like "Keziah" that may have been the name that started the rumor. However, Keziahs maiden name was Locke. Hardly Native American ancestor.
I would be happy to exchange information with you since we both share the same name. My Mom and Dad came from Harlan into Lincoln County where I was born. My Dad was Daniel O. Neal, son of Henry C. Neal, Gson of Abraham, GGson of John W. Neal from Penington Gap, VA..

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 12:54AM GMT
Sorry Cindy, I wish I could help but I have no information that would be supportive to your query. I anything comes up in my research I will keep you in mind. Right now I am beating my head against a solid wall. Looks like my GGGgrandparents just appeared from space and settled in Harlan Co.

Dennis Neal (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2003 2:55PM GMT
If you'll provide me with an e-mail address, I'll be happy to send what I have. It's a 524K file in Microsoft Word format.

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2003 6:42PM GMT
Thanks for checking. I did get a lead and am pretty sure I am connected to these people. Keep in touch with any new information and I will do the same.

Posted: 22 Jun 2003 10:11PM GMT
Thanks Dennis. I would have answered sooner but apparently Ancestry.com did not forward your reply to me. Many thanks and looking forward to reviewing the data. If anything I can help with, let me know.

charles neal
Brandenburg, KY

Martie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2003 10:49PM GMT
Charles, I know how you feel about both the Indian connection and how they original "Neals" seem to have dropped to earth from outer space.

My original Neal - Conrad and his wife Dicey were from Londonderry, Ireland and settled in Stokes Co., NC.

What has been handed down is that Conrad and 2 brothers landed in VA. One or both of the brothers were doctors and one of the brothers had a nickname of "Buck". I have been trying to track them down for a long time. So if you have any info on a "Buck" Neal - then maybe we are connected.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic