Search for content in message boards

Cemetery Question

Cemetery Question

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a relative who died in 1927 and his death certificate states he is buried at Bushnell Cemetery in Swain County, NC. I can't find this cemetery. Does anyone know if it is called something else now? His name is Thomas W. Allen. I am also looking for his wife, Cynthia Robenia Justice Allen. She was my gr-grandfather's sister.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Anita Justice Wages

Re: Cemetery Question

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 5:22AM GMT
They are both buried side by side in Lauada Cemetery in Section C (top of cemetery down to dogwood tree and beginning of what crosses)

Row 2:

T. W. Allen Aug. 30, 1864 - Jun. 7, 1927
Robena Allen Jan. 25, 1867 - May 6, 1955

They had at least one child, Lloyd Lafayette Allen, b. 10/14/1864 in Haywood County, NC. They are not directly related to me.

Cemetery Question

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 7:11PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. These are exactly the folks I a looking for. Do you have the Swain County Cemetery Books?
Anita Justice Wages

Re: Cemetery Question

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 8:37PM GMT
Yes, is there anyone else that you want me to look up? Email me directly at crperrysr@comcast.net

Cemetery Question

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 10:20PM GMT
Thank you so much. I am sure I'll have others. The family started out in Haywood County. I am trying to find the death certificate for Robena (Justice)Allen who died in 1955, buried at Lauada Cemetery. I can't find it. Not sure if she died in Swain, Haywood or where.
Thank you again!
Anita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic