Search for content in message boards

Corbitt/Cook Families

Corbitt/Cook Families

Ann Curry (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corbitt/Cook
My Grandfather was Walter Clark Corbitt married to Joy Foster Cook. They lived in Center, Texas, came from Louisiana in around 1907. I am trying to find out about Joy Cook's mother (Amanda, who came from Ireland) and can't get anywhere, so thought I would go through her husband. Since you are the first Walter Clark Corbitt I've come across, thought you might be of some help.
Thanks,
Ann Curry

Re: Corbitt/Cook Families

Clark Corbitt (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 1:00AM GMT
Amanda Watkins Campbell was born 2-1-1858 in Sabine
Pa., La. and died 6-21-1934, Center, Tx.-Fairview Cem.
She was the wife of Wm. Morris Cook and they were
married 4-17-1873 in Sabine Pa., La. My grandfather was
also Walter Clark Corbitt and my dad was Walter Clark
Corbitt, Jr. Are you one of Opal's children ?

Re: Corbitt/Cook Families

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 3:20AM GMT
I am interested in info about Joy Foster Cook. My husband's grandfather was John Foster Cook born 1896 in Sabine Parish, LA. His family was having a hard time and William D and Mary Carter offered to take care of him until they were able to take care of him. They got him when he was two months old. Sometime after 1910 the Cook family wanted him back and by this time the Carter's didn't want to give him back so they moved one night to Texas. The Carter family lived in the same area that William Morris and Amanda lived and I believe went to the same church. Are there any stories about a missing son in the family? Another researcher noted the same middle name and suggested that he might be out of wedlock son of Joy Foster. Thanks, Selida
per page

Find a board about a specific topic