Search for content in message boards

WALSENBURG, CO (DURANS')

WALSENBURG, CO (DURANS')

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 10:17PM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION FOR MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS. THEY BOTH LIVED ALL THEIR LIVES IN COLORADO AROUND THE SAN LUIS VALLEY. IT HAS BEEN A GREAT CHALLENGE FOR ME TO TRY AND LOCATE FAMILY HISTORY IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS PLEASE HELP. MY GREATGRANDFATHER WAS JOE DURAN BORN 5/15/1881 DIED 10/10/1969. MY GREATGRAND MOTHER WAS ALCARIA DURAN BORN 3/3/1886 DIED 9/16/1969. I AM NOT SURE OF HER MAIDEN NAME I FOUND TWO DOCUMENTS SHOWING HERE WITH TWO DIFFERENT NAMES VALDEZ OR VALAZE. IF ANYONE AS INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ME I AM DESPERATE.

Duran in Colorado (Walsenburg)

Jacqueline (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 10:15PM GMT
In Regards to your message, my great grandparents are from the San Luis Valley and their last name was Duran. My great grandfather came from Pueblo to the valley, maybe there is a connection some where. Let's e-mail and exchange information.

RELATIVES

Posted: 19 Jan 2001 7:28PM GMT
Most of my relatives lived most of their lives in the San Luis Valley and in Conejo County. I will get exact dates and we can compare. Hope to talk to you soon.

Duran in colorado

Jacqueline (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 9:33AM GMT
To Lucy Duran:
My great-grandfather's name was Ben Duran, he was born in the 1880's/ I don't have specifics yet, and great-grandmother's name was Natividad Valdez, born 10/1/1893. Her parents were Regino Valdez and Anastacia Jacquez. I was fortunate to know them both, they lived until they were 98 years of age.
His brother still lives in Alamosa, and his name is Joe Duran. My mother is going to talk to him and get more information. I'll give her your info and maybe come up with more. Please feel free to write to me
@ Jacque808@aol.com. look forward to it.

Ancestors

Posted: 22 Jan 2001 8:38PM GMT
Jacqueline,

From what I can tell on my grandfathers SS application the name of his mother is spelled similar to your grandmonthers name. My great grandfather is Joe Duran lived some in Roseland, NM and died in Walsenburg. He had a brother named Norman Erenio Duran born in Huerfano in 1925. I find it very difficult to track down the spouses. Are you having the same problem? I am not very literate in reading spanish or using the right pronunciation of words. Any help is great.

Duran in Colorado

Shayna Gastellum (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 10:50AM GMT
My Great Grandmother's name was Cidelia Adeline Duran she was born in Colorado 01/31/1902 & died in Alameda County (CA) 11/27/1991. I do not know any information of her father's family other than they were in Colorado when she was born & her maiden name was Duran (she married Lopez). If this information fits anywhere in anyone else's family trees I would like to know more information about her relatives & prhaps brother's & sister's.
Thanks!

Lopez-Duran

Greg Duran (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2001 8:23AM GMT
I found your info and was wondering if your family is from the valley (San Luis) in Colorado! My Grandfather was born in Center and Lived in the Saguache area! I do know that many in the Family moved to California during the timeframe of the First World War! My Grandfather Married a Lopez in the 1920's. Both Familys were very Large. PLease Respond to durang@earthlink.net

Duran's in Colorado

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 8:49AM GMT
Since I posted my first Message I have come across some more details about my great grandmother's Family.
Her Father's Name was Phillipe Antonio Duran he was born in 1858 in El Rito NM & Died in 1907 in Colorado. Her Mother's name was Loretta Natividad Espinosa. She had many siblings some of the ones who's names I know are Bonefacio Duran, Phillip Duran, Lisaida Duran, & Leonarda Duran. Like I Said she married a Lopez (as did your relative). If this information connects to your family at all please let me know. Thanks! Shayna

Duran-Lopez

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 8:53AM GMT
I just re-read your other message above on this board, so your Bonefacio could have been my Great Grandmother's Brother. Do the names of his parents match the names I listed on my previous reply of my great grandma's parents?

Durans-Lopez from the Valley (San Luis)

Greg Duran (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2001 11:44AM GMT
Im sure we are related, Bonifacio Duran is My Grandfather he was born in 1898, So im sure we are related both familys were large! So the Lopez's were close family. I do know that there was many family members and relitives in CA. I got you Email and will contact you! durang@earthlink.net My father name is also Bonifacio!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic