Search for content in message boards

Glovers of NY

Glovers of NY

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 7:00AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:32PM GMT
I am looking for information on John and Hannah (Hagadorne) Glover. They were in upstate NY in the early to mid 1800's and had ,I believe, 11 children of which I know 6, Floyd, Maynard, John F. Jr., Burt, Gilbert, and Charles. My line descends through Floyd who married Sadie Earl and had 6 kids, Earl, Lloyd, Harold, Agnes, Edna, and Ruby. I come from the Earl line. He was my grandfather. He was born in Lansing, PA and married Clara Glover. They had 4 daughters. If anyone czn help with any of these people, I'd be very happy. Thank you.

N.Y. Glovers 1800's

Carol (Glover) Flanders (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:25PM GMT
to Terri Giometti I have some information on the Glover Family from the Steubin Co. area of the State. My line came from Gilbert Glover b 1836 d.1872 Father of Gilbert believed to be Henry Glover b 1791 wife Cornelia. There is a John b 1829 in Steubin Co. in 1829,George b 1833, Gilbert b 1836
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 4:58AM GMT
I would love to have any information you could give me. The Gilbert I have was born in January of 1869. The names are so similar that there must be a connection somewhere. Will you pass on any more information you might have? I have so little to go on that it's getting very frustrating. Thank you for your help.

Glover Family

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 7:29AM GMT
(Sorry got knocked off line) As I was saying Gilbert and Salona were my Great Grandparents ---4 Eliza b.1841 in N.Y. state was 9 in 1850 census ---5 Jane b. 1842 in Wayland N.Y. She was 23 in 1855 census.-------There is another Gilbert this came from his tombstone it read Son of George Mary Glover died at age 24 years 7 mo. 5 days 1855-1879. There was a lot of confusion in the family because of the two dying at the almost the same time they both left wills. My Glibert left 2 sons that I know of one was my Grandfather Ethan.I think there were 2 more but I am not sure. There is a book (i don't know what ist is) a Henry Grandson of Thomas Glover who had 3 sons 4 daughters. The sons Were Henry, John, and Jacob. The author lists the children on this Henry b. Sept 19 1811 in Sharon, Schoharie Co. N.Y. d.at Troupsburg N.Y. on Mar.28 1865 He M/Eliza McDowell. They didn't give this Henry's father but the man who sent me this in 1984 said he thought he was Henry, John or Jacob. He would be right for Henry b. 1791 who was probably an uncle of this Henry b. in 1811 The author gives Henry's (1811) Grandfather as Thomas son of Thomas Charnick Glover born in Lancastershire, England about 1760. He came to this country at the age of 18 with his brother Charnick, and at the close of th Revolutionary War settled in Schoharie Co. N.Y. among the Pioneers and followed farming for the remainder of his life. The man who sent me this also said he couldn't prove who Henry A. Glover's father was but, he thought it was Daniel who ran a business in Homer N.Y. and had 16 boys and 1 girl he couldn't get a list of the Children. That is all I got from this man. He lived in the area and looked in cem, and census reports. His brother-in-laws mother was a Glover and they looked together. I can also tell you my father's sister, Glady (Glover) Hamlin, was in the D.A.R. but I can't find out how she got there. Also there was a General in the Revolutionary War named Glover there are things in Boston named for him and there was one in the retreat from Brooklyn they may have been the same man.That is all I have at this time But my cousin is looking for the things his father and Aunt had gathered they have been dead a long time and he put it away, you know how that goes.

Glover Family

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 8:26AM GMT
I keep getting knocked off line so will try one more time. The Family as I have it at this time is 1 Johm b.1829 in Stuben Co. M/ Sarah ? b. 1835 one son Elmer b.1853-----2 George b. 1833 in N.Y. Steuben Co. d Oct 25 1905 Bur. in Maple View Cem> in Cohocton N.Y. Served in Co. D of 188 Div. His wife Mary b.1837 d. 1921 He was 17 in the 1850 census.----3 Gilbert b.1836 lSteben Co. d.Dec.26 1872 Wife Saloma Harter M/ on Oct 9 1856 In Livonia N.Y. These were My Great Grandparents I think that was where I was when I was knocked off any questons let me know
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 9:16AM GMT
It sounds as though we are working with the same family, just different branches. My gggrandfather was John Glover Sr. He married Hannah Hagadorn and had at least 3 kids, Floyd (my ggrandfather) Maynard, and John Jr. There is some factions of the family that say they also had 3 more sons Burt, Gilbert, and Charles. These cannot be confirmed or eliminated yet. One relative insists there were 11 children all together, but she could not recall names. I have found noone on that side of the family who has any information to help me along. All of the elders are gone now and if they left any information behind, it's gone now. I'll search some more and see if I can come up with any new connections. Thank you for your help.

Glover Family

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 9:38AM GMT
I don't know where your branch of the family lived or where you live but from all I have seen they stayed around the Stuben Co. area I know Wayland and Patchinsville so you may want to check the census in thoes areas.

Glovers of Ma.

Angela (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 1:01PM GMT
Ancestor(grandfather John Glover) was a Brigadier General in Amer. Rev.-fisherman before and after the war-has had a Navy ship named after him. Current relatives live in the Washington and Alaska area. Anyone that might be related, please let me know.

Glover Family

Posted: 1 Mar 2000 5:30PM GMT
Anglia, I have only been able to go back to my great grandfather Glibert Glover, born 1836 place unknown but believed to be near Wayland, N.Y. d.10 April 1872. I have been told his father could have been Henry but have no proof. I have just started and have more infromation coming. Hope it will take me further back.

Henry Glover

Angela (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2000 10:40AM GMT
I know my mother has some paperwork she's going to fax to me, and maybe I can shed some light on who my ancestors were, and maybe find out who you might be related to.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions