Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Fields JEFFERSON ??

Descendants of Fields JEFFERSON ??

Sam L. Jefferson/ N.C.-Va. (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have genealogy of Fields Jefferson, Thos. Jefferson's brother. I think that my family may have been decendants. Our line is from the Patrick County region of Southwestern Virginia, having arrived there from Southeastern Virginia. Supposedly our line goes back to the 1400's in Virginia. I have limited records and would like to fill in the blanks.

Re: Field JEFFERSON

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2005 2:11AM GMT
The only brother Thomas Jefferson had was Randloph Jefferson. Field Jefferson is TJ's Uncle. Pres. TJ's dad was Peter Field and the 2-brothers were Thomas and Field. Field Jefferson did have 2-grandson George Jefferson and John Garland Jefferson who were brothers.

Re: Field JEFFERSON

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 9:54AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2001 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: Warren
It seems everyone is related to Thomas
Jefferson somehow, including me. I found
info in the family bible and I am trying to
verify. Please advise on the following:
1. To whom was Field Jefferson married?
2. Did he have any daughters?
My info suggests that Field was married to
Mary Warren and had a dsughter Judith Jefferson
Thanks for any information.

Re: Field Jefferson -- b. 1702

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2005 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Hunt, Ming, Allen
Field Jefferson was Pres. T.J's Uncle. born: mar. 16,1702 - died feb.10,1765 he was married two times. all of his children are from his first wife. # 1.Mary Frances Robertson- they had 9- children. Field Jefferson then married Mary Hunt-Minge-Allen.I do have a list of all his children. but,also to note here that Pres. TJ's brother Randolph was married 2-times and he had 6- children and Field was his 3rd born.

Re: Jefferson Family of Patrick County, VA

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 11:04AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 10:44AM GMT
The Jefferson family of Patrick County VA are descended from the children of Peterfield Jefferson of Pittsylvania Co. Most are from his son Samuel Allen Jefferson. I have this line if you would like to contact me. My email address is reelhkr@digdat.com

Re: Descendants of Field Jefferson

Sammy Laine Jefferson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 5:00PM GMT
Thanks for getting back to me to advise that Field Jefferson was an uncle to President Thomas Jefferson. Unfortunately this was information that I am already aware of. What I am trying to ascertain is the children and decendants of Field Jefferson down through the years -- that may possibly lead to my grandparents and thus to myself. Any help on obtaining this information would be greatly appreciated. My father was Samuel Edgar Jefferson. My ancestors came from Stokes County, NC via Patrick County, VA via south eastern VA Pittsylvania Amelia Counties in SE Virginia. Sam L. Jefferson, 7-23-2000

Re: Field / Peterfield JEFFERSON

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2002 3:30AM GMT
june dimond???I DON'T UNDERSTAND.What do you mean 2 brothers were thomas and field but then you say thomas and randloph were the only boys of peterfield???I AM SO CONFUSED.PLEASE emter again simplified for me if you will.1 peter field is the brother of field?
2field is father of which sons? 3 how does peterfield field jefferson bro to john magruter jefferson and sons of peterfield and elizabeth howard magruder jefferson fit into the line? 4 do you have any material put together on the complete line that you will sell me/where could i get that ?my grandad was william magruder jefferson born in ark and died in se ok .we need info on his background.janie hfamja@valliant.net

Re: Thomas Jefferson

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2002 7:01PM GMT
Mary Warren was of the Maryland Jeffersons.

Herb

Posted: 20 Apr 2006 4:32PM GMT
I am a descendant of Field Jefferson. My great grandfather was a brother of your ancestor James William Jefferson. I would be interested in sharing my information with you if you have information you would be willing to share on our families.

Posted: 10 May 2013 6:06PM GMT
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=38...

Here is a photo of my grandfather's grave in Collinstown. All my uncles and aunts are listed with their dates of birth and death. My grandfather's parents are also listed. I thought that this was an interesting discovery.

Sam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions