Search for content in message boards

Lau from Posen, Prussia

Lau from Posen, Prussia

Posted: 8 Jan 2002 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2002 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Lau
I am looking for information on the family of Christian and Anna (Marquardt) Lau. They were born in Posen, Prussia? around 1790. They had at least one child, Dorthea (or Darthea) Sophia Lau, born 1 Dec 1811 in Krossakel, Posen, Prussia. Dorthea migrated to the United States with her husband, Johan Daniel Krenz, around 1829 and settled in Wisconsin. Anyone have any information on their ancestors let me know.

Re: Lau from Posen, Prussia

Linda McGoey (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2003 9:45PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2010 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: JAHNS, Krenz
Hi Glenn,
I would be very interested in communicating with you regarding Dorothea Sophia Lau who was married to Johann KRENZ . They had a daughter, also named Dorothea Sophia KRENZ who was married to Samuel Joachim Heinrich JAHNS. From the information that I have, they were married in Posen or Germany, but their first born son was born in Marathon County in Wisconsin in 1856.

I am researching the JAHNS family in Green Lake County, which I believe is related to JAHNS family of Marathon County - we just haven't found the common link yet. I can also put you in touch with the person(s) who has researched the Daniel Joachim JAHNS in Marathon County, WI.

My nephew is researching the Krossakel, Posen, Prussia area by viewing films at the LDS, trying to locate our JAHNS family and has also found the KRENZ surname. We look forward to hearing from you.

You can contact me directly at tlmcgoey@athenet.net. Linda

Posted: 15 Jan 2010 7:54PM GMT
not sure if I communicated with you or not over the 8 years since this posting. I have Christian Lau (born 1806 Czarnikau, South Prussia) married to Johanna Louise Krentz. The emmigrated from Prussia with family in 1854 to Crystal Lake, Marquette, WI and the Marquette, Green Lake, WI. Sophia A Lau (1829) married Platt. Johann Gottfried (1832) married Louise Warnke. Carl Ludwig (1834) married Henrietta Warnke. Christian Friedrich Julius (Christopher) (1836 Prossekel, Netze, West Prussia) married Anna Wilhelmina Tetzloff. I don't know if these Laus moved into the Netze District after Prussia gained it from Poland (1772) or if they were ethnic Germans living in this area prior to the partitions.

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 2:50AM GMT
Hello from Kansas, Interested to know if you have any more data on Lau family which were from the border lands between poland and Germany.. usually called the Uckermark after the river Ucker. I have posted my data here earlier.
Hope you have more earlier German / Polish history, grin.
Thanks Maurice

Posted: 3 Jul 2011 9:52PM GMT
My grandparents(John Lau) immigrated to Pembroke Ontario Canada in the 1889. 2 daughters Sophia and Alma. Alma left in 1901.She settled in Toronto.

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 2:42AM GMT
I have Christian Lau (b: 1806) married to Johanna Louise Krenz (1806)....according to Poznan project, they were married in Protestant (Lutheran) parish of Dobogora/Eichberg in 1828 and listed for Prossekel. Their children were born in Prossekel.

Looking at other Lau/Krenz combinations in Prossekel (assuming siblings or cousins), there was listed Danial Krenz (1800) and Anna Sophia Lau (1811) in 1828; Johann Lau (1798) and Eva Sophia Krenz (1795) in 1820. I wonder if they are all children of Christian Lau and Anna Marquardt.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions