Search for content in message boards

Great Grandfather Carl Olson

Pope County

Posted: 27 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Oct 2001 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Carlson
Have you checked the records that they have down at the Pope county Historical Society & Museum in Glenwood? There might be a file on your relative, with some obituary or other information.
I see you are from that area, remember they are closed on Mondays, and the research cost is very minimal. $3?

Great Grandfather Carl Olson

Rich Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Olson, Carlson
Am looking for information regarding relatives of Carl Olson b.3/31/1848 (unknown where) d.1930. Married Ann ?, and had the following children: Amund Carlson b.12/10/1969, Anton Carlson b.1/1/1871 d.1929(my grandfather), John Carlson b.11/4/1874, Peter Carlson b.9/28/1878, Ole Carlson b.12/26/1883 d.1901, Annie Carlson b.7/31/1885.
Carl lived for a time in Wisc. Anton and John (at least these two) moved to Pope County Mn. by way of Filmore County Mn. Anton eventually married Ida Engebretson in 1900 in Starbuck, Mn. in Pope County where the lived until the died

Carl Olson

Rich Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Olson, Carlson
I was just at the historical society last week, but a "quick" check revealed nothing. That wonderful place deserves a more thorough search than I had time for. I did find a great deal on my immediate family. More than I ever imagined was available. If I knew for sure if g-gfather Carl ever lived in Pope county it would help a great deal. Thanks for the information.
Rich

Dalen, Arendal

Posted: 6 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Dalen, Olsen, Jakobsen
I guess your man is Jakob Olsen Dalen, born 1856 on the farm Dalen in Øyestad parish (today a part of Arendal town).
He was son of Ole Jakobsen Dalen and Helge Aanundsdatter, both born 1821. They used patronymic surnames at that time, so the Olsen surname means "son of Ole". Dalen is their "address surname".

OLSON, DALEN or DALAN

Patricia (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OLE OLSON, HELGA DALAN, HELGA DALEN, JACOB DALE OLSON, DALE
Looking for information on grandfather JACOB DALE OLSON.
Borned March 31,1856 in Arandall (or) Arandal Norway.
Parents were OLE OLSON and HELGA (DALEN or DALAN).
This is all the information I have.
Was told that DALE was an old family name, but do not know how that fits in.
Would like to know if there is family still there.

bdadbmom@msn.com

Re: Great Grandfather Carl Olson

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 1:23PM GMT
My great grandmother was Julia Annette Engebretson Tronrud. Her father was Isak Engebretson of Starbuck so I am related to you. Ruth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic