GABLE, Henry

GABLE, Henry

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Gable, Plowman, Chubb, Dobson
GABLE, Henry

Township of Cleon County of Manistee, State of Michigan
Febr. 21, 1888

I, Henry Gable of the township and county above named, do this day make my last will. First of all I reserve one hundred dollars for a monument the inscription to be as follows; Anna Gable first wife of Henry Gable, Born January the 8th of May A.D. 1827, Died 10th of July A.D. 1855. Sarah Jane Gable, Second Wife of Henry Gable, born in the State of Maryland, Fredrick County, May 30 A.D., Died May 29th A.D. 1887. Henry Gable, born under French Possessions, County Strasburg, Township of Seltz, Born December 14th A.D. 1811, Died__.

I also reserve thirty five dollars for cofin and digging grave.

I Henry Gable do this day will to Joseph Gable one wrow? Cow known as the old bell Cow and her last years calf.

I Henry Gable do this day will to Josephine Gable one spoted cow two years old one Brindle Cow four years old.

I Henry Gable do this day will to Mary Plowman one dark Red Cow and her calf. I Henry Gable do this day will to Josephine Gable the N.E. 1/4 of the S.E. 1/4 Section 17 Town 24 Range 13 west.

I Henry Gable do this day will to Joseph Gable and Josephine Gable and Mary Plowman Equal Shares in the S 1/2 of the S.E. 1/4 Section 17 Town 24 Range 13 west.

I Henry Gable do this day will to Mary Plowman a note of hand against Elonza Chubb. Said note caling fer one hundred and fifty two dollars with interest.

I Henry Gable d this day will to Joseph Gable a note of hand against Charles Dobson. Said note calling fer one hundred dollars and interest Due on note.

I Henry Gable do this day will to Josephine Gable a note of hand against Jacob Sears. Said note Calling fer Sixty dollars with interest.

(signed)
Henry Gable

Signed and Sealed Before me this 21st day of February A.D. 1888
Aaron Pepple a Justice of the Peace

Witness:
Everett L. Pepple
Aaron Pepple

Re: GABLE, Henry

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chubb, Dobson, Gable
I believe the Elonza Chubb referenced below is really Alonzo Chubb, one of the early settlers of Manistee/Cleon Township. Charles Dobson was Alonzo's son-in-law married to his daughter Elizabeth.

I don't know of any Chubb/Dobson connection to Jacob Sears, although there may be one.

Do you know what the notes of hand Henry Gable bequeaths were for?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions