Search for content in message boards

coy

coy

mary glider (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2004 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: coy
I am trying to find out about Daniel Coy from Green Township
born 1850-1852 ? Married Lydia Cook in 1874 .trying to find if he had brother,sister, and his parents names.

Re: coy

Dick Baith (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2004 3:07PM GMT
I have this infomation on Daniel Coy & Lydia Cook:

Descendants of Wesley Coy

1 [2] Wesley Coy 1827 - 1899
+Dorothy Bush 1827 - 1860
2 Melissa Coy
2 Lewis Deweese Coy 1848 -
+Laura C. Bowell - 1917
3 Oliver F. Coy 1869 -
3 [1] Warren D. Coy 1872 -
+Olive Fulweilder
*2nd Wife of [1] Warren D. Coy:
+Alma Schellenberger
3 Alice F. Coy - 1912
+E. E. Dyball
2 Mary Alice Coy 1850 -
+David Dressel 1850 - 1904
3 Hannah Mathilda Dressel 1883 -
+Walter Orville Cline 1877 - 1924
2 Daniel Coy 1852 - 1882
+Lydia Cook 1857 - 1924
3 Celestia Coy 1879 -
3 Charles Wesley Coy 1882 -
2 Jonas D. Coy 1855 -
*2nd Wife of [2] Wesley Coy:
+Harriet Roller

This information comes from a family history on the Coy family researched by Ethel Bush Packey. My niece is married to Mrs. Packey's grandson.
Posted: 9 Oct 2004 9:31PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2005 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: coy
Thank you for that informaion. I have received copies of some of Ethel Packey, from Salem. Do you know if she published
more than one book? If so, where can this book be purchased.
Thank You, Mary
Posted: 10 Oct 2004 7:44PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2004 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Coy/Longanecker/Bixler/Sitler
Mrs. Packey published 3 books on the Coy family. They are entitled: "The Coy Family, Roots, Branches & Sprouts Vol. 1," The Coy Family, Roots, Brancehs & Sprouts Vol. #2 Part 1," and "The Coy Family, Roots, Branches & Sprouts Vol. #2 Part 2 - Beginning with the 2nd. Family of Jonas Coy." One of these is totally sold out though off hand I'm not sure which one. I have all 3 titles and would be glad to do some look ups for you if you'd like.
Debbie
Posted: 10 Oct 2004 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: Coy , Rhodes
Thank You,Yes. I have several pages of Vol 2 , but nothing in there about Jacob E. Rhodes. Is He in your Volumes? I know Ethel Packey wrote about the Coy Family.I was sent copies from Salem Historical Society vol.2 Starting with Daniel Coy,
who was my greatgrandfather.Jacob E Rhodes was also my greatgrandfather.There is mention of him under Charles & wealthie Coy who were my grandparents.Also She doesn`t mention George McCave who married Lydia Coy/Daniel Coy
wife in 1885 after Daniels death.I would appreciate it to see if Rhodes name is in there anywhere else.Where did you purchase your copies?
thank you Mary

Re: coy

Debbie Duncan (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2004 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: Coy/Longanecker/Bixler/Sitler
Mary,
I only find a mention of Jacob E. Rhodes in Vol. II - Page 251 as the father of Wealthie Rhodes. There is no mention of George McCave in the Coy books. However I found a cemetery listing for Lydia McCave 1857-1924 in Columbiana County Cemetery Inscriptions Vol. #12 - Page 1052. She is buried next to her daughter Celestia M. Coy Zimmerman, wife of Emery, in Grandview Cemetery. There isn't a listing for George though in any of the Columbiana County Cemetery Books Volumes #1- #14. I also have a Beaver Township Cemetery Records book and no Geo. McCave there either.
My Coy books belonged to my Grandmother, I believe she purchased them directly from Mrs. Packey. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Have you tried posting query's on the Rhodes or McCave message boards? Good luck and if you have any further questions on the Coy's I'd be glad to help with whatever resources and personal information I happen to possess.
Debbie
Posted: 16 Oct 2004 2:33PM GMT
Thanks, Yes i Found Lydia and Celestia when i was in Salem.My grandfather was Charles,Celestia`s brother. I know Lydia was married to George McCave,As he was listed on the Obituary for her which was in my grandmothers bible.Celestia and charles also had a brother not mentioned in Ethels book.
He was Williard p Coy who died about 6mo old in 1877.
I have put in several places for rhodes.In LSD family search on the internet they list George McCave married to Lydia also.
thanks for the info. on Ethels book. would like to have gotten a copy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic