Search for content in message boards

Paul

Paul

Terry Logan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Paul
I would like to hear form anyone who has information about the following members of the Paul family from Dublin. Members of the family were living at 5 Blackhall Place, Dublin at least from the 1850's. They owned a business called Paul & Vincent which was situated in Blackhall Place. The family members were living in Drumcondra by the 1880's.

Family members I know of:

Agnes married 24-12-1852 to John Logan of Cloonagh, Co. Westmeath at the Presbyterian Church,Ormand Quay, Dublin.

James Duncan married Elizabeth
died 6-3-1885 at Ellenfield, Drumcondra James was a merchant of 77 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin. They had a son William. Elizabeth died 10-4-1882.

Thomas born 1810
died 17-11-1868 at 5 Blackhall Pl, Dublin.
Thomas is listed as being a chemical manufacturer , Implement maker & a Merchant. He was probably a partner with Robert in the firm Paul & Vincent, Iron founders of 6 & 7 Blackhall Pl, Dublin. James Logan was in attendance when he died.

Robert married Margaret
died 11-5-1910
By 1880 they were living at "The Garden Farm", Broomhill, Drumcondra. Robert was an Engineer with his office at Rogersons Quay & by 1890 had become a J.P. When his brother Thomas died in 1868 he lived at Blackhall Pl, & was listed as an Iron Founder. Margaret was still alive in 1912.

Anne died 4-7-1907
Her address was 13 Grace Park Gardens

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 5:58PM GMT
Hi I bought a big cast iron pot in a salvage yard in dromore county down, northern ireland, on saturday, and i just noticed it has Paul & Vincent on the side of it, I typed this into google and this page was one of the results. I just thought you might like to know. I would love to find out more about the business
Posted: 10 Mar 2013 7:50AM GMT
Paul and Vincent were based in Blackhall Place, Dublin. They appear to have been a large company with a foundry. I always understood they made farm impliments but they obviously also made pots as well. They also were involved in chemicals as well. My Gt Grandfather worked here and came to New Zealand when he turned 21. His Mother was the sister of the brothers who owned the business.

I hope ths is of some help to you. I apologise for taking so long to respond
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions