Search for content in message boards

Moores, Newfoundland, Canada

Moores, Newfoundland, Canada

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like any info re Moores in Newfoundland, Canada.

Re: Moores, Newfoundland, Canada

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 2:52PM GMT
I don't have much information on the Moores, but my great-grandmother was Louisa Moores, who married Joseph Joyce (b. 1832) in Freshwater, Carbonear, NL. I saw many graves with the name Moores in the Freshwater area but wasn't there long enough to explore.

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 3:03PM GMT
Hello JJO'Brien: Thanks for your reply re Moores.
I understand the Moores is a common name in Newfoundland. I am researching Charles Andrew Moores, parents Jabez and Eliza(Kelloway) Moores with ch: Lucy, Joseph, Maria LeGrow,Matthew, Charles Andrew, Mary Janet. He married 2nd Elizabeth Noftle with ch Peter. They lived in Blackhead. If you have come across any of these people could you let me know? Thanks for any assistance. ejm

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Moores
The website, http://ngb.chebucto.org/ , has lots of records for the Moores family at Blackhead, including the 1935 census showing Jabez and Eliza with son, Joseph Vincent, at Blackhead.
In the browsing area of FamilySearch using Canada--Newfoundland and Labrador--Vital Records, I found Charles Andrew Moores' birth and baptism record. See attached image showing his birth of November 5th, 1895, and his baptism on December 3rd, Certificate # 606827 (Line 40).
Linda
Attachments:

Posted: 27 Feb 2014 12:39AM GMT
I had the privilege of knowing (as a co-worker and friend) a Moores from Black Head; she was the daughter of Oscar and Elizabeth Moores. Her brother Alex was a well known and respected businessman in Newfoundland...owner of Ocean Harvesters Fish plant, etc. Her name was Miriam RUTH (later known as Mrs. Eric Taylor) of then Carbonear, Nfld. Any connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions