Search for content in message boards

Leroy Hines

Leroy Hines

Posted: 25 Oct 2003 11:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hines; Garber
Looking for info on Leroy Hines, b 1887, probably in MO. He was my grandfather's brother, son of Horatio S Hines and Hettie Garber. No one in our family knows what happened to him, except that he left MO as a young man, headed for Oregon.
Thanks for any info you might have.
Gary

Re: Leroy Hines

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 2:05AM GMT
I can tell you this much... Horatio Seymore Hines was my great-grandfather. My father's name was Leroy Dale Hines - named after Horatio's son from his 1st marriage who died.

Re: Leroy Hines

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Hines
Hi Connie-
Thanks for your reply. I was delighted to learn that Horatio Seymore Hines was your great grandfather! I'm sure this is the same Horatio S. Hines that is my great grandfather, although I didn't know that the S stood for Seymore. I know very little about Horatio - only that he was born 12 Aug 1863 somewhere in Missouri, married Hettie Garber in Caldwell Co MO in 1884, and 2 sons, Leroy and Joel (my grandfather), and possibly a daughter, Pernilia? (not sure about her, though). Sometime later, he and Hettie separated and I believe he went to KS. I've been looking for info on Horatio for a long time, and as you can see, what I do have is pretty sketchy. I would be grateful if you could share any info you might have on him, especially where in MO he was born, when he moved to KS, his date/place of death & burial, and anything else that might be of interest. Also, I would like to learn about his 2nd wife, Effie, if possible. If you are interested, I would be happy to share information I have on Horatio's earlier marriage to Hettie and some of their descendants.
Please feel free to email me directly at gwhines@msn.com.
Thanks so much for your help!
Gary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions