Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of the Williamson and kessler family

Looking for descendants of the Williamson and kessler family

Posted: 29 May 2005 2:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: kessler and williamson
Hi, wanted to know if anyone can offer any information about the Williamson family, I found in the 1930 census my great grandmother Eloise r Williamson, her parents were Flossie and Wallace. Eloise Richards Williamson was born in 1919; she married a George Winfield kessler and bore 2 children, George Winfield kessler (D.O.B. Feb. 1, 1937) and Doris Jane kessler (D.O.B. Feb. 14, 1938). I can not find any marriage or death certificates for Eloise or Doris. Or any back ground information. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Attachments:

Re: Looking for descendants of the Williamson and kessler family

Posted: 30 May 2005 3:16PM GMT
I lived in the Williamsport ,Pa, area for many years, was born there! Whether the names are common , I do not know , but one of our best friends was named Paul Kessler. He passed away some years ago as did his wife.
also we had a Mayor of Wmspt who was named Leo Williamson.(williamsport is in Lycoming County) Anna

Posted: 31 May 2005 12:14AM GMT
Hi Anna, thank you for replying, curious..... Was Paul married to a Bernice and have a daughter? My father had told me that his uncle Paul died in WW2.

Posted: 31 May 2005 1:36PM GMT
Yes he was! Bernice and Paul were friends for years and my husband knew them long before I even met him! Paul was a blind veteran ,and it couldnt be such a coincidence there were 2 Paul Kesslers?! If you like you can email me at this addy and I can pass on what info I might have. I knew little of his relatives however, Anna

Posted: 31 May 2005 10:55PM GMT
i sent you an email, i hope u get it. i could hardly make out the letters. mmmmmmmm if you dont get it, here is my email address dezigner98@aol.com
i wonder if your husband knows my grand parents then???

thank you again

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: w
hi anna, i lost you email. can you shooot it over to me at dezigner98@aol.com. hope all is well with you

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Dessler Watts
Cheryl,

I tried to send you a direct email but it bounced. I am using Sharon Crevier's site on Ancestry to try to contact you. She is my cousin. You have posted on Ancestry the genealogy (Kessler Descendants), the family page of James Watts and Sophia Ann Bruner with children John (married Maria Chestnutwood), Thomas Murray, and David. John Watts is buried at the Harris Prairie Cemetery, near Mishawaka, IN next to, I believe, his sister Nancy Watts b. 13 Jan 1798 in Northumberland County, PA. Before John died, he also was listed in the 1850 St. Joseph County Census, Harris Twp. on the same page as Nancy Watts Savidg (wife of Thomas Savidge). In the will of Fredrich Watts (Fredrich spelled that way in the will), Nancy and an Elinor are mentioned preceded by the word “bequest”, not “my son” or “my daughter” as other children are mentioned in the will. I believe that this Fredrich is an uncle of Nancy because it is listed in a St. Joseph County bio on Thomas Savidg that Nancy had an Uncle Fred Watts that had fought with her Grandfather in the Rev. War. In the bio it says her grandfather was scalped by Indians (I think him to be the Sgt. James Watt/s) and her Uncle was shot through the mouth, but later escaped (I believe this happened in the beginning of the attack on Ft. Freeland, PA in July 1779). In the 1850 census mentioned above, John is listed with David “Jackson” Watts, his son (age 15) and a Margarette Sudlow (may be Ludlow) age 54. John Watts in the 1850 census is shown as 52. That is an error and should be 56 or 57, since he was born in 1793. Other documents in that county show his correct age.

Would you have any additional information or possibly proof that Nancy is the daughter of James Watts? I have never been able to find any direct information on this. In that same bio mentioned above, her father (no name given) also fought in the Rev. War and died in the Army. He also was to have served under a General Brady. This would fit with him dying in 1808 at Warriors Run.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide me.

Jack Sossoman (jsossoman@cox.net)

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: kessler
it has been 3 years and not been in here that much but dont know if I answered your post or not about Paul Kessler? Have you found out more of what you were looking for? Sorry about the long delay Anna

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 1:15AM GMT
hi anna,
was wondering if you can email me. i have a question i think you can answer. email addy is dezigner98@si,rr,com
thanks, cheryl

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 6:14PM GMT
John Austin WATTS and Maria (Jane) CHESTNUTWOOD had two boys named Samuel (one born and died in 1818 and another born 11/1823 and died 1909). I am looking for any info on the family in general.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic