Search for content in message boards

Winn and/or Finuf families

Winn and/or Finuf families

Posted: 19 Jul 2002 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Oct 2005 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: Winn, Finuf, Holsten, Howland
Both my maternal and paternal grandparents lived in Winfield, KS, for many years. Any info would be appreciated. William Joseph Winn, Cora Holsten Winn, Gerard Welcome Finuf, and Ruth Howland Finuf

Re: Winn and/or Finuf families

Posted: 18 Sep 2002 3:51AM GMT
My name is Sharon (Asbury)l Widener McKibben I lived next door to the Finuf's when I was a kid . We lived at 419 Millington. They lived at 421 Millington right next door. I remember eating Apple Butter Sandwiches in your Grandma Ruth's kitchen with Eldon. Melvin was married to a Sparks from Ark City ,who was a cousin to my sister-in-law Juanita(Maynard) Asbury. One of the girls was married to a railroader and when he was working in Winfield in the summer time Her and her kids would come and stay in a railroad car that was parked on the tracks just off of 5th street about a half a block from the Finuf's . Another one of the girls was married to a Smith. They had a daughter named Marsha that was about the same age as me. I turned 58 last July.They lived out east of Winfield by Sunny Side School. I might be able to answer a few more questions for you. Mr. Finuf was an avid baseball fan. he always listened to the games that were broadcast on the radio. He also went to the Fairgrounds and watched the Winfield American Legion games when they were playing in Winfield. I rememer Mrs. Finuf's Dad . He had snowwhite hair. After he passed away Mrs Baum ,the old widow woman,who lived on the other side of the Finuf's would tell all of the kids in the neighborhood that old man Howland was under her house making home brew, again. If you have any questions myself or my brother or sister might be able to help you . Sharon

Posted: 12 Jul 2007 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: finuf/barrow
The people you are talking about are my great grandparents! I am related to them through their daughter Cora Marcella Finuf's son Jerry Barrow. Please contact me with any stories and/or info at donelin@hotmail.com

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 8:58PM GMT
Hi,
I am Lisa Bland. My father was James Finuf. I have had no contact with his side of the family since his death in 1990. Loved seeing something about his family please tell more.... I really did not know his family very well.. I knew his mom and dad.. and I have met some of his brothers and sisters but not since I was a young child. you can email me at skiabl1@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 4:29AM GMT
Sharron if you see this please reply
per page

Find a board about a specific topic