Search for content in message boards

Sorensen, Gregersen, Madsen, Larsen in Sevier Co., Utah

Sorensen, Gregersen, Madsen, Larsen in Sevier Co., Utah

Posted: 26 Oct 2003 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Sorensen, Gregersen, Madsen, Larsen
Searching for descendants and family information concerning my g-g aunt, Kirsten Marie Sorensen, b. 22 Dec 1848, Voer, Albæk, Denmark who came to Utah with her parents and husband. She married Poul MADSEN in Denmark in 1874 and settled in Redmond, Sevier. She died in 1931. Kirsten was the daughter of Soren GREGERSEN (1823-1904) and Karen JENSEN (1822-1913).

Kirsten also had a sister, Margarethe SORENSEN, b. 23 Sept 1857, Voer Denmark, d. 16 May 1912 ,Provo and her husband Ole Christian LARSEN, b. 1852 - d. 1930. Both are buried in Redmond,Sevier Co.

Would love to hear from descendants of either sister or anyone related to their other siblings: Hans Kobber Sorensen, b. 1865, Else Christine Sorensen, b. 1854, Jens Christen Sorensen, b. 1850, Johanne Marie Sorensen, b. 1846, Simine Sorensen, b. 1862 or Maren Sorensen (my great grandmother) b. 1859, who did not immigrate to Utah.

Thanks!

Re: Johnson, Larsen, Sorensen, Laustsen, Neilsen

Debbie Dangerfield (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2003 7:59AM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2003 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Larsen, Sorensen, Laustsen, Neilsen
I am the great-great granddaughter of Mary Christine Johnson, daughter of Johan Larson and Johannah Kirstine Laustsen of Aalborg, Denmark. Johan, born in 1803, was the son of Lars Johansen and Anne Sorensen, and Johannah Christine was the daughter of Lars Jensen and Ane Cathrine Nielsen. Mary Christine was one of five children. Her sisters were Anna Catherine Cecelia and Anna Kjirstine, and her brothers were Elias and Christian. The children were orphaned in Kansas but, none-the-less, came to Utah with the first wagon trains. During this journey (Mary came with the Willie party), Mary (at the age of six) lost her legs to frost bite and was welcomed into the home of Brigham Young. He later helped her purchase a sewing machine which enabled her to earn a living. She then met and married a young Englishman named Elijah Parsons, they settled in Sevier County, and they had three daughters and four sons together. She passed away in 1910. I have biographies of most of the siblings if you share a common link with me.

Re: Kirsten Marie Sorensen (Jensen) Danielson (b. 1854) Hjorring Denmark.

Tresa Brown (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 3:16AM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2004 11:23AM GMT
Surnames: Sorensen, Gregerson, Clausen, Jensen
Hi Carol~
I am not sure if we have the same person, but my GG Grandmothers name was Kirsten Marie Sorensen (Jensen) Danielson. She was born 28 MAr 1854 in Hjorring Denmark. She was married to Jens Jensen, but later married a Hans Daneilson. She came to Utah from Denmark. Her daughter Josephine Otena Jensen (Cooper) was my Great Grandmother. Kirsten Marie came to Utah in May of 1909 and settled in Cache County, she lived near her daughter Johanna Jensen Nielson and died 14 of Sept 1948. I have listed as Kirstens parents as Soren Clausen and Maren Gregerson. Write back if you think we might be taking about the same thing. Thanks Tresa

Re: Sørensdatter names/dates do not match

Posted: 30 Dec 2003 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Sorensen, Gregersen
Hi Tresa,
Sorry, I don't think we have a match. None of your dates or names match my information for Kirsten Marie Sørensdatter. Hers is a fairly common name in Danmark. I do appreciate the time you spent replying to my note. Sometimes these long shots do pay off. If you'd like to take a peek at Kristin's ancestors to be sure we don't have a connection feel free to check out my website. Just click on "Links & genealogy." Best of luck with your research!

Carol
www.carolmackay.com

Re: Sorensen, Gregersen, Madsen, Larsen in Sevier Co., Utah

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 9:29AM GMT
Else Christine is my gg grandmother. Would love to get info.
Bob
brownswa@yahoo.com

Re: Johnson, Larsen, Sorensen, Laustsen, Neilsen

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 10:29PM GMT
I am a great grand son of Elias Johnson, my granbdmother was Eva Johnson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions