Search for content in message boards

Clarence Richard BAYSINGER, 68, died 2 May 1995 Des Moines IA

Clarence Richard BAYSINGER, 68, died 2 May 1995 Des Moines IA

Board Admin (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 7:38AM GMT
Surnames: Baysinger, Brankis, Palmer, Clark, Tulk, Heeter, Johnson
Clarence Richard Baysinger, 68, of 3842 E. 30th St. died of a heart ailment Tuesday at a daughter's home in Des Moines. Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Hamilton's Funeral Home. Cremation will follow. Mr. Baysinger, a lifelong Des Moines resident, was co-owner of the Rose Bowl Tavern and Baysinger Fast Lube. He was an Army veteran of World War II.

Among survivors are his wife, Karen; three daughters, Collette Brankis of Ankeny and Paulette Palmer and Suzette Clark, both of Des Moines; a son, Rick Tulk of Des Moines; a sister, Lois Heeter of South Beach, Ore.; four brothers, Donald Johnson of Runnells and Alfred Johnson, Bob Baysinger and Bert Johnson, all of Des Moines; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.

Friends may call from 6 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Mercy Hospice.

The Des Moines Register, Des Moines IA, p 5, 3 May 1995

Re: Clarence Richard BAYSINGER, 68, died 2 May 1995 Des Moines IA

Posted: 21 Dec 2008 5:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Dec 2008 10:36AM GMT
Surnames: Baysinger, Clark, Johnson
Thank You so much for posting this because I was always wondering who my Great Grandfather was if you are a related to a baysinger if you were a Clark Johnson Baysinger etc. please email cowgirlsadie1@mchsi.com i would apreciate it alot THANK YOU

Posted: 21 Dec 2008 10:32AM GMT
Surnames: Baysinger, McBee
Here is the SSDI record for Clarence, from http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com :

CLARENCE R BAYSINGER, 12 Oct 1926 - 2 May 1995. Last residence and last benefit: Des Moines, Polk Co. IA 50317. SSN: 484-18-7054, issued: Iowa.

Here he and Lois are with their parents in the 1930 United States Federal Census

Name: Clarence Baysinger
Home in 1930: Des Moines, Polk, Iowa
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1927
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Paul
Mother's Name: Loretta
Race: White

Household Members:
Name Age
Paul Baysinger 27
Loretta Baysinger 20
Clarence Baysinger 2 9/12
Lois Baysinger 1 6/12

Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Des Moines, Polk, Iowa; Roll: 675; Page: 23A; Enumeration District: 44; Image: 620.0.

In spite of the mention of his WWII service, I don't see his draft registration at Ancestry. I also searched the Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File at NARA and didn't find him listed there.

I think that Paul Baysinger, Clarence's dad, was my grandmother Anna's brother. So Clarence was my mother's first cousin, and I don't think she ever got the chance to meet him. After Anna married Harvey McBee and my mother was two years old, they moved to Alberta Canada. As far as I know, she only came back to Iowa once, about 15 years ago.

More about this family here: http://genweblog.blogspot.com/2006/11/john-baysinger-viola-m...

I welcome additions and corrections, and would love to hear from all relatives.

Posted: 21 Dec 2008 10:36AM GMT
Surnames: Baysinger
Howdy cousin, what is your connection to Clarence Baysinger? For more of what I know about him, see the rest of this thread. He was my mom's first cousin, making him my first cousin once removed.

Valorie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions