Search for content in message boards

Morgan Himes

Morgan Himes

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 8:43PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2001 1:22PM GMT
Morgan was my great-grandfather. Only thing I know is that he married Flora(Settles) and they lived in Jackson Co. KY. Flora died in 1967. But I can't find anything about Morgan. They had several childeren: Issac, Jack,Willie,Jake,Chester.

Re: Morgan Himes

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 2:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: Himes,Roberts,Moore, Bustle.
Hi Rhonda,
If this is the same Morgan Himes he is most likely a brother to my great grandfather Jacob (Jake) Himes who also lived in Jackson County Ky. Jake's parents were John and Elizabeth Faubus Himes and lived in Jackson County Ky. John is buried in Jackson County along with his son Jake right beside him. Do you have any dates on Morgan? Did you know any of the siblings names ? Hope to hear from you soon.
I recently met a Himes cousin online also and his granfather was Isaac Himes a brother to my Jake.
Thanks Ronda

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 11:30AM GMT
Thank you for the information.I got an E- mail from a Marty Himes his grandfather was Issac (also a son of John and Elizabeth) and my great grandfather Morgan, and your great grandfather Jacob were all brothers. Morgan was b Oct 1879
More later.

Posted: 24 Oct 2001 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2002 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: HIMES
Hi cuss im linda short i have some information for you . your grandfather morgan himes was a brother to my grandfather jacob himes everyone called him jake
here is the information chart.

JOHN HIMES BORN OCT 1841 DIES 1888 WAS A CIVIL WAS IN THE CIVIL WAR. HE MARRIED ELIZABETH FAUBUSH. SOME KID TO THE FIRST JUDGE OF JACKSON CO KY BORN 1837 -1913 THEY ARE BOTH BURIED IN SOMMERS GRAVE YARD IN JACKSON CO KY
THEY HAD SIX CHILDERN:
JACOB HIMES BORN DEC 25 1870 JACKSON CO DIES NOV 1951 MARRIED MAGGIE ROBERTS.
MORGAN HIMES ............ MARRIED FLORA SETTELS
ISAAC BORN 1878 MARRIED LUCY ROBERTS
SARAH(VENA ) HIMES 1875 MARRIED JACK LAKES
ELIZA HIMES 1873....
RUTH HIMES 1868 ....
WELL I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU KEEP IN TOUCH
LINDA SHORT

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 4:03AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2002 2:11PM GMT
Hello! Are you from Kentucky? I'm from Indiana. Actually Morgan was my Great- Grandfather. I've heard from a couple of other relatives too. Ronda Davis and Marty Himes. This is all so interesting. Marty E-mailed alot of information to me. We think Morgans real name was "William Morgan" but we're not quite sure. I have alot of information that I could download to you if you haven't already recieved it. It's kind of a chart that goes all the way back to 1783, would you be interested?
Thanks for replying to my message and for all the information.
Rhonda

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 8:12PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2002 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: faubus
hi there im just glade to be of help, any information will be most helpful. if there is any thing i might help you with just let me know. later linda in ky

Peggy Himes (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Himes,Roberts Evans, Tussey, Smith
Hello my grandfather Isaac had a brother and an uncle named Morgan. By the way Marty is my first cousin. Peggy Himes

Peggy Himes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Himes Roberts Evans Reynolds, Faubush
HI Isaac Himes married Lucinda Roberts was born February 2,1884, died July1,1970. He also married Mary Smith Parsley and Levi Tussey Lakes. His grandfather was William Himes.

Peggy Himes (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 6:19PM GMT
Hi Rhonda My grand father was Isaac baby brother to Jake who married Flora Settles. You may contact by e mail. I think we may be cousins.

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 4:15AM GMT
Can anyone tell me who Isaac Himes was married to? When he died? Born? Thanks so much. Trying to help my friend learn about her grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions