Search for content in message boards

Heinrich Shankle/Schenkel

Adam Shankle

Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2002 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: Shankle, Atkins, Stoffel
Sharon, have you run across an Adam Shankle? Lived in Frederick County, MD in 1800. We find no further record of him. His wife, Christiana Stoffel, died ca 1800 and left two children, George Shankle removed to Washington County, Va with his Stoffel grandparents and Elisabeth Shankle m. Benjamin Atkins and lived in Frederick County in 1820. Thanks

More info on Heinrich Schenkle

Edited: 8 Jul 2001 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Schenkle
Here is some info that I found on Henry/Heinrick Shankle/Schenkel, the 1st Bio included a list of descendants that was too large for this posting. If anybody would like for me to send them the file, email me

The Early Germans of New Jersey; Their History, Churches and Genealogies
SCHENKEL.

HEINRICH SCHENKEL, came from near Strasburg and reached Philadelphia in ship "Robert and Oliver," from Rotterdam, 1738, Sept. 11, d. 1769; his will was prob. June 24, 1769; m. three wives (****): (1) Sarah Herbert (dau. of John); (2) Ann Marguret Neighbor, of whom her father, Leonard "Nochbers," speaks in his will, dated 1765, Jan. 10, as la**** wife of Henry Schenkle; (3) in America, Elisabeth Bercott, who was maid of honor to Queen Annie. Heinrich's will mentions eight children, and leaves wife sole use of property fourteen years to bring up children. Frederick was a posthumous child. JOHN HE**** had four daughters: Elisabeth, Mary, Martha and Sarah, the last of whom was the first wife of HE**** Schenkle, and a son, Henry.

The Early Germans of New Jersey; Their History, Churches and Genealogies
THE DAVENPORT TRACT

HEINRICH SCHENKLE probably settled on the farm (of 167 acres) east of the Davenport tract. This he left at his death in 1769 to his wife for 14 years, when (1788) it was sold' to Henry's oldest son Anthony. Besides Anthony he had four sons and four daughters.

Heinrich Shankle/Schenkel

Edited: 8 Jul 2001 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Shankle, Schenkel, Neighbor, Breath, Breatt, Breth, Steen
I'm a descendant of Henry/Heinrich Shankle/Schenkel m. Anna Margaret Neighbor> Henry Shankle m. Margaret ?> Henry Shankle m. Jane ?> David Shankle m. Catherine Breath/ Breatt/ Breth> Anna Jane Shankle m. Joseph Clark Steen. The family lived in Pa. & possibly earlier in NJ. I would appreciate any info as it was only last evening that I received any info on the family prior to David & I don't have much. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions