Search for content in message boards

Isaac Titsworth-SC

Isaac Titsworth-SC

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Titsworth
Seeking info on Isaac Titsworth,b. SC \ d. 1840 Jackson Co., GA. Married ??. Interested in two of his daughters, Nancy Titsworth, b. abt. 1786 and married Samuel Barron, b. 1785 and d. 1865, Pickens Co. SC. Also had another daughter, Sallie, who married a Barron [no first name]. Sallie's g-children were named in the will of Isaac Titsworth written in 1839 and probated in Nov. 1840. Apparently his wife had already died as she was not mentioned in the will or probate proceedings.? Nancy Barron and her husband, Samuel were also named in the will. Any information on this Titsworth family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Isaac Titsworth-SC

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2004 4:05AM GMT
I know of Isaac TItsworth born 1733 -36 married Esther Davis; their son Lewis (1773 - 1849) married Keziah Dunham (1778 - 1856); their son Isaac Dunham Titsworth (1805 - ?) married Hannah Ann Sheppard; their son Benjamin Franklin Titsworth (1843 - 1847) married Genevra Ginn; their daughter Bertha Estell Titsworth (1873 - 1933) married Albert Belcher (1872 - 1950) my father's Grandparents

Re: Isaac Titsworth-SC

beth (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2004 1:55PM GMT
Thanks - sounds like there are several Isaac Titsworth - none of these names sound familiar - my Isaac d. abt. 1840 in Jackson Co. GA where his will was probated there. Not sure of his birthdate? Wife, unk?-d. prior to his death - not named in proceedings. Daughters named in proceedings were: Elizabeth, Rebecca, Sallie and Nancy. Elizabeth md. man named Bennett and had d. prior to 1840 leaving g-children named in will as Lewis, Paul and Patsy Bennett; Rebecca md. man named Nix-Rebecca also d. prior to 1840 leaving g-child Thomas Nicks\Nix; both Sallie and Nancy md. men named Barron. Sallie Titsworth Barron d. prior to 1840 and also left g-children named: Amanda, Eliza, Isaac N., Thomas, Elizabeth , Marshal, William, Nancy and Calvin Barron. Nancy Titsworth Barron is my ggg grandmother and was named in the will as well as 'his son inlaw, Samuel Barron".... I feel that Isaac Titsworth and family never moved from Oconee Co. SC area as Jackson Co. GA seems to have been formed out of that area - earlier records place him in Oconee Co. SC.
Thank you for your information - I will be placing it in my database. If you ever run across the above - would love to hear from you again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions