Search for content in message boards

Sheriff George Sexton

Sheriff George Sexton

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sexton
Seeking any info on the death of Sheriff George Sexton (my grand uncle) on 31 Dec 1973 in College Corner, IN. He had one year left on his term when he died from a gunshot wound to his chest. The coroner ruled his death a suicide. Investigation was conducted by coroner and Fayette Co. (Connersville) sheriff. Any info or news clippings would help. Thanks.

Re: Sheriff George Sexton

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 10:29PM GMT
Send me an e-mail address to ucheritage@hotmail.com and I'll scan the article off the microfilm reader

KAC
UCPL

Posted: 11 Aug 2010 2:09AM GMT
I have on information but I did attend Short High School in Liberty, Indiana. I didn't know he was shot. Sounds like some dirty work done there. It wouldn't be the first time. tcup2000@yahoo.com

Posted: 11 Aug 2010 2:33AM GMT
That's kind of where I'm going with this. My grandma never believed that he committed suicide and neither did a lot of my other family members. He wasn't the type. My email address is msmindyr@yahoo.com if you would like to send me a direct email with any info. Thanks!

Posted: 11 Aug 2010 1:09PM GMT
Sent it. Sorry about his death.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 7:46PM GMT
I too would be interested in knowing any information about his death. He was my uncle (my fathers brother) and passed away before I was able to know him. My sister and I are trying to find out any information we can because my mom tells us the same that my grandmother didn't believe he would commit suicide.

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 3:13AM GMT
Was Keith your father? Brenda your mom? I'm just guessing from your user id that you are their daughter. My grandparents are Lucille and Chester Burke. Luke's wife, Martha, was my grandpa Chester's sister.

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 8:32PM GMT
Hello! Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. Yes my father was Keith and my mom Brenda. OK. I unfortunately did not get to know my grandma Martha and Grandfather Luke much because they passed away when I was very young. Not sure if you have ever looked up this Topix website but people have posted comments on there and seems as if many people do not believe that he took his own life. They have made suggestions on where to look if anyone is questioning who may have done this. I'm really interested in looking into this futher. I have been trying to search the internet for anything I can find which is not much. Someone posted a comment on Topix as recent as Thanksgiving of this year about this.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions