Search for content in message boards

Jasper wiggs

Jasper wiggs

Janice May (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2004 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wiggs,Robbins,Truelove,Liebengood
I am seeking any information on a Jasper Wiggs and Family.
Jasper was born in Union County October 1859, I dont know the exact date. He died in 1944 in Union County,Il. I need to know when he died and if he's buried in Union County. He married a Laura"Della"Robbins abt.1885 in Illinois,may have been Union County. They lived in Newton County,Missouri for a while in the early 1900s. Laura died in Union and also may be buried here. Their children are Bertha(Wiggs)Liebengood(b.1887,Lick Creek,Il.d.1956 Mt.Vernon,Il Buried there) and Donna(b. about 1894 in Union, dont have the dates, and she died in Kansas around 1945). Jaspers parents may have been
William and Mary(Truelove)Wiggs. I believe theyre buried in Union County too but dont know what cemetery.
Jasper may have suffered from Alzheimers and spent some time in an old aged home in Anna,Il. Any help would be appriciated. I live in NorthWest Illinois in Canton and cannot make a trip to Southern Illinois.

Re: Jasper wiggs

Kerry Krempasky (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2004 2:31AM GMT
Jasper Wiggs passed away on : 1-22-1944 in Union Co. Ill.
1860 Union Co. Ill Census
Wm Wiggs, age 26, born in N. C.
Mary, age 22, born in Tenn
Frederick, age 3, born in Ill
Jasper, age 1/12 , born in Ill.

WIGGS, WILLIAM H TRULOVE, MARY E 01/20/1856

Didnot find any marriage on Jasper Wiggs

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 6:07AM GMT
Surnames: Wiggs Brewer
According to the Union Co Cemeteries Vol 4 page 55 by Darrel Dexter, there is a Jasper R Wiggs (b. Oct 6, 1880 - d. Jan 21, 1944) buried in the Anna State Hospital Cemetery .

The William Wiggs you mention may be the same William Wiggs, s/o Lazarus & Sarah Brewer Wiggs (my gr gr gr grandparents) that appears in the 1850 Census for Union Co, IL. By the time of the 1860 census, William appears to have married Mary, and they were living in T11S R1E of Union Co - Jasper was 1 mo old (a slight disconnect from the Oct 6 birthday listed above since the 1860 census is shown to have occurred in August). The family is still shown in the 1870 census for Union Co, but at the time of the 1880 census, the family appears to have moved to Ewing Twp, Franklin Co, IL.

The probate records for Lazarus Wiggs show that his son William H Wiggs inherited a portion of the family farm located in Sec 4 - T12S - R1E and Sec 34 - T11S - R1E when he died in 1865. A provision of this will was that William care for his mother Sarah and she is shown to be living with this family in 1870. It is not clear where she lived in 1880, but she is not shown with the family in Franklin Co. She died in 1888 and is buried in the Ebeneezer Hall Cemetery near Lick Creek in Union County. You can find a picture of her headstone on my web site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cgmose/ilunion_ehal...

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 6:11AM GMT
Sorry!!!

I made a typo - Jasper's birth year is shown as 1860, not 1880 as indicated on my previous post.

Jan May (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2004 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggs/Liebengood/Daniels
Thank you very much for the info. My mother will be thrilled.
Her mother Ruth(Liebengood)Daniels of Peoria Heights,Ill is
Bertha Wiggs(Jaspers dau)Liebengoods daughter. Ive been through Anna,Il once a few years ago on our way back from Tennesee. We ate at the Pizza Hut there and drove around looking for any cemeteries but didnt know which one Jasper was in. Maybe one day will come back down there for a visit.
Jan May
Canton,Fulton County,IL.

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 4:29PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2005 5:32PM GMT
Do you have a Martha Wiggs b. 1835, d.1911, buried @ Ebeneezer Hall Cemetery, Union Co., IL. she m: Francis Marion Meneese who was b. 1825, d. 1915, and buried with Martha, in your ancestery? I need to know whom her parents were? spender@midwest.net

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggs Brewer Meneese
Here is what I have on Martha Wiggs (My gr gr grandmother). I have pictures of her headstone (as well as many others) posted on my web site:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cgmose/ilunion_ehal...

Descendants of Thomas Wiggs
Generation No. 1

1. Thomas Wiggs was born 1765 in Dobbs County, NC, and died Aft. 1840 in NC.

Children of Thomas Wiggs are:
+ 2 i. Lazarus Wiggs, born June 10, 1802 in Wayne Co., NC; died May 20, 1865 in Union County, IL.
3 ii. Thomas Wiggs.

Generation No. 2

2. Lazarus Wiggs (Thomas) was born June 10, 1802 in Wayne Co., NC, and died May 20, 1865 in Union County, IL. He married Sarah Brewer 1820 in Union Co., IL. She was born January 8, 1802 in Wanyne or Johnston County, NC, and died February 7, 1888 in Union County, IL.

Children of Lazarus Wiggs and Sarah Brewer are:
4 i. Martha Wiggs, born January 28, 1835 in North Carolina; died February 7, 1911 in Lick Creek, Union Co., IL. She married Francis Marion Menees January 26, 1854 in Union Co., IL; born March 11, 1825 in Illinois; died January 14, 1915 in Lick Creek, Union Co., IL.
5 ii. Mary Jane Wiggs, born ABT 1836.
6 iii. Browning Riley Wiggs.
7 iv. Edwin Wiggs.
8 v. Thomas Wiggs.
9 vi. Pheraby Wiggs.
10 vii. William H. Wiggs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions