Search for content in message boards

Seeking information on my Bragg line.

Seeking information on my Bragg line.

Posted: 8 May 2013 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bragg
Does anyone have any further information on Diana Ann Bragg?

I believe that her parents were James Hodges Bragg and Elizabeth Cirke.

Does anyone know the parents of James Bragg or Elizabeth Cirke?

I believe there might have been something about a Thomas Bragg and a Molly Newport?

Re: Seeking information on my Bragg line.

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:10AM GMT
Need a little more information. Where and a time frame. That will help.

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:43AM GMT
1615 - 1670 was when her presumed father, James Bragg was living. I do not have birth or death dates for her as what I have seen in other trees is 1624, which would mean that James Bragg and Elizabeth Cirke could NOT have been her parents as well as 1649 given as a possible birth date which is much more likely as I believe she is the wife of a Thomas Barnes, with whom she had a son, John Barnes, born 1666.

Her father lived and worked in Isle Of Wight, Virginia.

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:58AM GMT
Sounds like you hit a brick wall like I did. My family came from North Carolina. They moved to Tennessee in 1819. I know that they came from North Carolina because of Church records. Can't go back any further. Hopefully someone can help you.

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:47PM GMT
Thank you for trying to help me.

I believe that the DAR has more information on the Bragg family in their records.

I know they accept Thomas Bragg but not Molly Newport as of yet but don't take a position as to her existance from what I have read online. I'm going to be heading out to the DAR headquarters and the LDS Family History Library to see if I can learn more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions