Search for content in message boards

luckett family

luckett family

Posted: 9 Aug 2006 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Luckett
Hi is thre anyone connected to James Luckett born in churchill oxford in 1853 married Amelia about 1883 Hope theris many thanks Ann

Re: luckett family

chris maslen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Luckett
Hi Ann:

I have a remote connection to the Luckett family. Though whether it's the same Luckett Family remains to be seen. My gg grandmother Ann Hutchings had a sister named Amelia b. Dec 1842 in Neithrop, Oxf. Amelia married James Luckett Mar 1862 in Banbury. James Luckett was b. abt 1836 place unknown & died in 1876 in Banbury. James Luckett & Amelia had 2 children: Mary Ann b. 1866 & John b. 1870. Both children were born in Neithrop. Amelia died Sep 1888 in Banbury. Amelia also had a daughter named Enead b. 1880 in Neithrop. Seeing as James died in 1876, it appears Enead was born out of wedlock. I have more information on the Hutchins Family. I realize the dates don't match. Does any of this data sound familiar?
Regards, Chris Maslen

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 12:49AM GMT
Hi Ann
Have only recently started my family tree, my grandad was named George Reuben Luckett who was born in 1893 Herefordshire, according to the 1901 census his father was james luckett born about 1853 in churchill oxfordshire and his mother was amelia born about 1854 in churchill, I can't find a marriage for james and amelia but according to census they were married,I think james dad was called david born about 1820 in sarsden oxfordshire and his mother was either Hannah or Harriet born about 1818 in chilson.

My grandad had many siblings who I have not researched yet but their names are
David born about 1878
Emily born about 1883
James born about 1885
Ernest born about 1887
Rose born about 1889
Christopher born about 1891
Edith born about 1896
Lilly born about 1900

Hope this helps and please let me know if we are connected in any way, you are welcome to have a look at my family tree (Hilditch/Lloyd) where you will find members of the Luckett family

Many thanks
Yvonne Hilditch

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:17AM GMT
Hi Yvonne . You are the same family as myself . I have done extensive research on the Lucketts . Rosetta (ROSE)was my Great Grandmother. James Luckett and Amelia Slatter were married 17th Dec 1876 Oxfordshire England . I have the marriage certificate . Contact me by personal email if you would like to ann.frm@gmail.com more than willing to help you . I started this 9 years ago and have been on so many amazing journeys .
I live in South Wales not far from the Severn Bridge . Do you live in Wales as well ?
Regards Ann x

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:25AM GMT
Hi Chris . My Lucketts are James born 3rd August 1853 Oxfordshire . He married Amelia Slatter born 1855 Bould Oxfordshire . Marriage date 17th Dec 1876 Oxfordshire . Both died down here in Wales .Could be a connection . Please feel free to email me ann.frm@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you .
Regards Ann x

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Luckett, Hutchings & Matthews
My James LUCKETT was born 1836 in Hook Norton, Oxfordshire and died Jun 1876 in Banbury OXF. He married into my HUTCHINGS family. James married Amelia HUTCHINGS d/o Jerome HUTCHINGS & Elizabeth MATTHEWS Mar 1862 in Banbury. Amelia was born Dec 1842 in Neithrop,OXF and died Sep 1888 in Banbury. James LUCKETT & Amelia only had two children.
Mary Ann b. 1866 in Neithrop
John b. 16 Jan 1870 in Neithrop.
Amelia also had a baseborn child:
Enead LUCKETT b.1 Feb 1880 in Neithrop,OXF
I don't see any connection with my James LUCKETT & your LUCKETT family. Sorry, I can't help you out.
Regards,
Chris Maslen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions