Search for content in message boards

Familia de Serafín Sánchez

Familia de Serafín Sánchez

Posted: 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: SANCHEZ, VALDIVIA
Estoy buscando información sobre la familia del Patriota Serafín Sánchez y Valdivia, de Sancti-Spíritus. En particular me interesa su descendencia.

Gracias,

Nicolás de Cárdenas.

Looking for information on the family of Serafín Sánchez y Valdivia. I am particularily interested in his descendence.

Thank you,

NC.

Familia de Serafin Sanchez

Maria Hernandez Mills (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2003 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Valdivia
Nicolas, My mother's maiden name is Valdivia. Her father's name was Fernando Valdivia. She too is from Sancti-Spiritus. Could there be a relation? Please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Familia de Serafín Sánchez

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 4:48PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2011 4:49PM GMT
My great-grandmother was Isabel Maria de Valdivia who was the mother of General Serafin Sanchez Valdivia, General Raimundo Sanchez Valdivia (my grandfather), Jose Joaquin y America. They were from the Sancti-Spiritus, Cuba area.

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 9:19PM GMT
Since your greatgrandmother was Isabel Valdivia, I should add that her mother was Antonia Maria de Salas who is related to Miguel de Salas one of my ancestors. The De Salas family and the Valdivia family go back to 16th century colonial Cuba. The de Salas were also involved in the fighting against Spain with my greatgrandfather Dr Indalecio de Salas y Perez going into exile with his wife Carolina Zamora y Martinez and children to Nassau Bahamas during the 10 year war. There Serafin Sanchez stayed with them for a few months when he traveled out of Cuba. Three of my greatgrandfather sons fought in the War of Independence (1895-1898): Colonel Indalecio Salas y Zamora, Lieutenant Colonel Filandro Salas (my grandfather) and Captain Cesar A Salas who landed with Jose Marti and General Maximo Gomez in Playitas. Just a bit of Cuban History.

Posted: 31 Dec 2013 7:41PM GMT
My wife maiden name is Valdivia and also from the area of Sancti Spiritus, Cuba. Her great-grandfather was Otilio Valdivia. He married twice; with Lina Roas and then with Victoriana Perez. Maybe someone in this forum could help me with more details since this is all I know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions