Search for content in message boards

jesse moon

Posted: 11 Apr 2009 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any connections to the Jesse Moon family.

Thanks,

Brenda

Re: jesse moon

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 11:27AM GMT
You didn't indicate any state or locality for which Jesse you were referring to. There are two different Jesse families in New Hope, Alabama area. Dates also.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 2:36AM GMT
My grandfather, James William Brown, had a stepbrother by the name of Jesse Moon and was raised by this family in the Henderson Texas area. James Wiliam Brown was born 3/31/1883 in GA and died 01-6-1969 in Hope AR. Not much else that my mother knows about the family, there was a Sam and Don Moon that mother remembers. (my mom is 86 years old)

Do you think there is any connection?

Thanks, Brenda

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Moon
I have info on my G.G grandfather and his family living in Lawrence Co Al in the 1900 census. His wife was Rhoda Helms they were from the Georgia area before moving to Alabama.

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 6:15PM GMT
I am so glad to hear from you. Hopefully you hold the key to the family mystery. My mom is 86 and her name is Edith (Brown) Wilson. Now, she knows absolutely nothing about her daddy's parents. She says that he was raised by Jesse Moon. His name is James William Brown. I have more info at home...but he was born in GA. Mom is the only living sibling from JW and Lula Brown. I do hope you can fill in the missing puzzle for us. We have heard lots of rumors. But no facts. Thanks again for your reply. Brenda

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 2:15AM GMT
I tried to send to your direct e-mail; however, it was returned undeliverable. So...here is what my mom said.

Mother said she does not reconize any of those names.

Our Jesse was married to Queenie (maiden names unknown) and they had Virgil, Charlie, Tobe, Ethel and Birdie. This Jesse lived down close to Nacadoces Texas. Some of the children lived in the Henderson Texas area.

Do you think this is the same batch?

Thanks

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Moon
Sorry I don't think they are the same bunch. I don't think my Jesse was married to anyone except Rhoda Ann Helms. Sorry I couldn't help you out here. Don't know why you couldn't get my email to go. lindsaybnc@bellsouth.net If anyone else reading these query and have info we would sure like to hear from you.

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 11:46PM GMT
Uncle Jesse and Aunt Queenie Lived at Lawsonville, Rusk county Texas, most all are buried at Shiloh Cemetery \ Brachfield Rusk Texas, I will be happy to share any information I have.email me at lbeavers@gmail.net

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 6:12PM GMT
Linda,

I have tried to e-mail you and the deliveries have been returned. I would love to get with you on any info you may have to fill in missing parts to my puzzle. I wonder if Jesse is possibly my grandfather? His legal name was James William Brown?

Do you have any further info on their bio dad? Also would love to have the info on their mom and her family history.

Please try to e-mail me and let's see if it comes through.
bblanscett1@hotmail.com

Thanks again,
Brenda

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions