Search for content in message boards

Tucker/Swink m.1850

Tucker/Swink m.1850

Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2002 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Tucker, Swink, Bivens
I'm looking for the parents of George Tucker who married Martha P. Swink on Jan 2 1850 in Rutherford Co. TN. Also anything on her parents, Michael Swink & Rebecca Bivens. Rebecca was born ~1800 in TN.

Michael & Rebecca Bivins

Harolyn Joyner (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Swink-Rutherford CoTN
They were my 4 great grandparents Martha's brother William Leonard is my 3rd greatgrand father who moved to Gibson Co Tn from Rutherford Co in 1850. All of Michael,s children were married in Rutherford Co TN except the two younger ones. There is a book A History of Goodluck TN written in 1992 with a lot of history of the Swink family. You may find it in your local library. It is by Linda Bobo Davis.Three brothers arrived from Germany in 1739 thru Rotterdam arriving in Philadelphia, then to SC and then to N C. They lived in Rowan C NC before crossing to TN Rutherford Co. If you have anything to share would appreciate it very much.

Micheal & Rebecca

Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: SWINK, BIVENS
Harolyn,

Thanks. You're only the 2nd person I've run across with Swinks in Rutherford Co. And the other was from the Bivens side! I'm planning a trip to the History Commission in Little Rock this week, and will look for that book. I've been ready to head to Memphis for a bigger library for some time now.

I've found so many "Michael Swinks", none married to Rebeeca Bivens. Who do you have as his father? It's got to be John Leonard - could he have had 2 Michaels?? I've found several good sites on Swinks, but none connecting Micheal (who married Rebecca Bivens) to anyone. Someone told me the Swinks have their info from a family Bible, which doesn't show a Michael married to Rebecca Bivens, so they felt that perhaps he was thru a different brother.

I have much on Michael & Rebecca's descendants, especially thru Martha P. Swink & George M. Tucker. I've worked hard to get it all in gedcom format to share. Look forward to hearing from you.

Linda Matchett
lcmatch@yahoo.com

Swink,Bivins

Harolyn Joyner (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Swink
Thanks for your message. I did find a record of their marriage of July l3,1818 in Rutherford Co TN.I do not know for sure but was told his father was Leonard, which could be John Leonard there are quite a lot by the same names. I do not have anything on Rebecca Bivins if you would like to share would appreciate it. I did find a marriage record of Leonard Swink and Mary Smith 21Sept 1779 in Rowan Co NC which could by Michael's father. There are pictures in the Goodluck Tn Book of Michael's son William Leonard and wife Nancy. I know they have the book in the main library in Memphis or if you want Linda Davis's address to order one direct from her I can send it to you. I went to school with Linda in Rutherford (GibsonCo.)TN. Gibson county has agreat website with lots of information.Good luck
Harolyn Joyner

Re: Micheal & Rebecca

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 6:37AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 3:51AM GMT
Linda:
I have Rebecca Bivins (Bivens) father as Fielder Bivins (Bivens) no listed mother.

I have Michael Swink listed as follows:
Michael Swink - Rebecca Bivens
Michael Swink (Schwenk) - Barbarba Smith
Hans Michael Schwenk - Mary

The Michael Swink married to Barbara Smith is also known as Hans Michael Swink (Schwenk) Jr.

Barbara Smith's parents were father Peter Smith (Schmidt) and mother Barbara no last name.

I have just recently started working on these lines and other than a few dates this is all of the information I currently have.

I would be interested to see any information you have on any of these lines as Martha P. Swink and George Tucker were my ggg-grandparents. I would be more than happy to share any information I have.

Bud Mosley
jodi1@cswnet.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions