Search for content in message boards

MOLDENHAUER

MOLDENHAUER

Posted: 6 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:22AM GMT
The MOLDENHAUER family (August, b. abt 1818, and Katherine (Laabs), b. abt 1809) came to America in 1843 as part of the Old Lutheran emigration from Prussia and moved immediately to Milwaukee. The family, including their children Wilhelmina, b. abt 1839, (Gotfried?), b. bef 1843, Maria, b. abt 1846, Martin, b. abt 1843, Samuel, b. 1848, and Hannah, b. abt 1850 lived in Milwaukee and Washington Counties.

I am seeking information on any and all of the family, especially Wilhelmina, who married Frederick William 'Edward' HENSEL in about 1858. They had 12 children, including Martha HENSEL, who married (William?) WOODRUFF in about 1806/7 and moved to Alberta, Canada.

Moldenhaur in Wisconsin

Erica Iverson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moldenhaur, Lambrecht, Birkholz
My husband's GG grandmother was Julianna Moldenhaur, b. 10 June 1832, and d. 6 August 1875 Augusta, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin. She married Michael Ludwig Lambrecht, b. 2 October 1817 Karnvowv boi Nokel, Kries Wirsitz, Preusen and d. 5 February 1906 in Kramer, Bottineau, North Dakota. I don't have any further generations on Moldenhaurs, but I have found other families of them, in the Eau Claire County, Wisconsin area. They seem to be part of a larger migration of either an extended family or other group migration.

I would like to know more about the Old Lutheran emigration from Prussia -- it might help to explain what I am finding.

Moldenhauer genealogy

Posted: 10 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: MOLDENHAUER, VOIGT
I have Moldenhauer ancestors who were Old Lutherans and may have lived in Washington Co. at one time. Originally emigrated from Kreis Ober Barnim, Brandenburg to Lebanon, Dodge Co., then scattered after a time. Johann Moldenhauer married Adelheid Auguste Emilie Voigt. They had a large family. Slight difference in the spelling of the name. We have an e in ours but may be related.

Moldenhauer, Washington County, WI

Maxine Wadley (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MOLDENHAUER, EGGERT, LABS, LUEBKE
My great-great-grandfather's brother, Carl Friederick Eggert,born 18.Dec.1830 in Pomerania (possible near Cammin), married Wilhelmine Moldenhauer who was born 01.Mar.1836. Her father was August Friedrich Moldenhauer, born about 1818 in Pomerania. Her mother was Catherine Labs born about 1809 in Pomerania. She may have had a brother, Martin Gotthilf August Moldenhauer who married Maria Johanna Albertina Luebke 06.Jun.1866
Posted: 28 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2002 4:26AM GMT
I have a John Eggert born in Pomerania , Germany. Do you have any connection with him? He married Minnie Walgren.

Re: MOLDENHAUER

Posted: 4 Dec 2001 3:25PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2001 3:43PM GMT
Would you have a William J. Mouldenhauer in your family history. He was supposed to have come to America in 1843 at the age of 1 according to the censuses. I do not have any parent names to go any further. He did live in Wis. before going to Mn. around 1870 or so.

Re: Moldenhauer genealogy

Posted: 4 Dec 2001 3:57PM GMT
I have Great Grandfather William J. Moldenhauer born 1842, came to America in 1843. Married Clara Voigt. They were also living in Washinton Co. Could there be a connection?

Re: Moldenhauer genealogy

Posted: 10 Dec 2001 5:37PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: MOLDENHAUER
Yes, your ancestor is the brother of my great-great grandfather. He would be the next oldest, as he was a baby when they emigrated and my ancestor (August Martin Daniel Moldenhauer) was the family's first child born after they emigrated to Wisconsin. I note you apparently posted your reply in March of this year. I wonder why I just received a message this month? At any rate, I have some information about the parents, Johann and Emilie, if you do not have that as well as information about siblings. I would appreciate any information you have about William and Clara. I do have a record of their names on the 1870 Mt. Morris census, as well as their children Charles and Clara. I look forward to hearing from you as time allows.

Re: Moldenhauer, Washington County, WI

William Eggert (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2005 2:12AM GMT
Hi,
Great great grandfather was from Posen Germany about that same time. He came to America 1860 time frame. I know they settled in Wisconsin, Later moved to upstate NY. I remember Dunkirk NY as a kid. I know Carl Fred Eggert was a name that was mentioned alot. not sure if they are one in the same.. I will check with my aunt.
other names that were mentioned. surname Martin.
believe they came over and got married late 1860s.. did the land lottery thing in Wisconsin. Wife was 17-19 years of age.
anyway if you want to contact .... wjeggert@tds.net I will be compiling as much info as soon as I can.

Bill

Re: Moldenhauer, Washington County, WI

Posted: 20 Feb 2005 2:56AM GMT
Hi Maxine; I see that your g-g-grandfather was one of Johann David Eggert's (1798 - 1862) sons. My ancestor was Carl Friedrich Eggert (1803 - 1853). Another Eggert in the township was Christian Friedrich Eggert (1801 - 1854). These three Eggerts were only a few years apart in age and all immigrated about the same time to Jackson Township. Do you have any information verifying that they were brothers? Thanks, Ron.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions