Search for content in message boards

John Pearce Duvall born 1737 Maryland

John Pearce Duvall born 1737 Maryland

Diane Dieterle (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 6:24AM GMT
I'm looking for descendants of John P. and Martha Duvall. He was born in 1737 in Maryland. They moved to Harrison Co., WV, and he moved on to Mason Co., KY, where he died in 1803. He was involved in numerous land deals in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky. His children were: Lewis, Notley, Samuel, Betsy (who married Jesse Worthington), Nancy (who married John Drown), Patsy (who married Archibald Bennett), Elinor (who married Cornelius Gaither.) Would like to correspond via snail mail: Diane Dieterle, Box 18736, Kearns, UT 84118.

Priscilla Duvall

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 9:06PM GMT
Some further questions: Could the name Patsy, daughter of John P and Martha Duvall, have been a nickname for Priscilla? Also, if John P. died in KY in 1803, do you know whether his widow Martha remarried to a man by the name of Daniel James, who was Priscilla's stepfather (I think) when Priscilla married John Davis 23 March, 1804 in Nelson Co, KY? If so, we do have a connection. Eve(Priscilla's gggranddaughter)
evypeevy@aol.com

Priscilla Duvall

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 5:36AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 9:06PM GMT
After my last reply I realized you had said Patsy married an Archibald Bennett, so she could not have been Priscilla. Unless John P and Martha had a daughter named Priscilla, I guess there's not a connection, much as I wish there were. Thanks, though. Eve

Re: John Pearce Duvall born 1737 Maryland

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendant of John Pearce Duvall through his son Notley Duvall whose daughter was Martha "Patsy" Duvall.

Martha "Patsy" Duvall married Thomas Harrison. He died and she married her first cousin Thomas Gaither.

Martha "Patsy" and Thomas Harrison had a daughter Nancy M. Harrison. She married William H. Miller in Mason County, Kentucky in 1862.

Their daughter was Laurette "Retta" Miller, b. Sept. 1869 in Mason County, KY. She married Joseph Gasdorf.

Retta and Joe were my paternal great grandparents.

I will snail mail you and hope it gets to you after nearly ten years of you waiting for a descendant to reply.

Jill Topper in Colorado

Re: John Pearce Duvall born 1737 Maryland, d. 1803 Mason Co., KY

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: DUVALL - HARRISON - MILLER - GASDORF
I am a descendant of John Pearce Duvall through his son Notley Duvall.
Notley's daughter Martha "Patsy" Duvall's first husband was Thomas Harrison. They are my third great grandparents. Their daughter Nancy M. Harrison married William H. Miller.
Their daughter Laurette "Retta" F. Miller's first husband was Joseph Gasdorf.
Their son was Frank C. Gasdorf (1892-1976).

Jill (Gasdorf) Topper
Colorado

Re: John Pearce Duvall born 1737 Maryland

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 7:44PM GMT
I'm a descendent through John and Nancy's daughter, Delilah, who married John Gilkerson. Their son, George Washington Gilkerson, married Eliza Hatton.

I've been trying to determine if there is a relationship between him and the Duvall family of Rhode Island, that also came to Marietta. John Drown's stone still stands in Marietta, and indicates that he was a resident of Rhode Island.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions