Surnames: Hagerman
We've just put a new Hagerman website up at:

http://www.mbstevens.com/hagerman/

...which we hope will be useful to everyone's
research. We welcome comments and
suggestions for improvements.

Cheers,
Nancy and Mike Stevens

Re: New Hagerman Genealogy Website is up!

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
The link took me to a page relating to food. Is this a spam?

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 1:15PM GMT
That website has not been there for awhile. My Hagermans are descendants of John J. Hagerman and Sarah Terry and I am glad to share anything I have, just have not gotten a new website up and running. Who are your Hagermans?

Posted: 6 May 2013 4:35AM GMT
Nancy what is your website?

Posted: 6 May 2013 5:20PM GMT
This website is no longer there and I have not put up a new one.

Posted: 18 May 2013 1:49AM GMT
OK, what location is your John J. Hagerman and Sarah Terry from? And, when did they live? I have Hagerman roots in Montour Co., PA traced to Northampton Cp, PA and Warren Co., NJ.

Posted: 20 May 2013 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hagerman, Terry
Sarah Terry (1800-1887)is from a Terry family in Dutchess/Putnam counties New York. Her mother Jennie Jones moved to Seneca County, NY after her father's death ca. 1812. I do not know if the Hagermans are from the Seneca County area, but that is where John J. Hagerman (1799-1851) and Sarah Terry lived for the first years of their marriage (based on birthplaces of children). They moved to Lenawee County, MI about 1836.

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 7:17PM GMT
John J Hagerman, seems to have been connected to William D Hagerman, and Isaac Hagerman and is reported to have been born in Dutchess County, NY William and Issaac and their mother came into Dutchess county from NJ.
There is a bunch of John J Hage(r)man's born in that time frame (1799) including a son of William D Hagerman as well as a son of Isaac Hagerman. There was also a John J Born in Bucks county PA in 1799. Our John J Hagerman was reported to have worked as a mill wright and had a team of oxen, as well as moving west along with Sally's family stopping for a time in Ohio where her brother Samuel Terry stayed. Some of Sally's family went on with them. It is confusing because of the number of children born with the name John and the Dutch naming systems, as well as the progression westward as people moved in a straight line west (that is until they got to Michigan)

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 8:31PM GMT
You have obviously done more than I have on this family. I do have the Terry sibling in Ohio but did not realize that John Hagerman and Sarah Terry stopped there on the way to Michigan. Also the NY information. Do you know if Sarah Terry's mother remarried? I find her in Seneca County, NY in 1820 and then nothing.

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 2:17AM GMT
She did not remarry to the best of my knowledge. When Samuel, her husband died she moved to her parents who took her and her children in. Her parents left her land as well as their children as it was reported that John J Hagerman and Sally received a plot of land. Cline Hagerman reported to me that Huldah's husband Samuel died while in camp at the close of the war of 1812 while paying troops.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions