Search for content in message boards

Manny Kimmel

Manny Kimmel

Holly Kimmel (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in anyone having information tracing the kimmel family back to austria, in the mid 1800's. My grandfather was orphaned, his father was a blind austrian shoe maker. In his teenage years he worked in Philadelphia and then moved to newark, nj, where he built the Kinney Parking System. My grandfather "manny" kimmel had 3 sisters, eva, dottie, and mollie. They all have since passed. In the early 80's. They were all in their 80's. I am 46, I have a brother cary, who is 43. My dad's name is charles, and his brother's name is ceasar. Please contact me with any info you might have. Thanks, Holly Kimmel

Re: Manny Kimmel

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 1:36AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2002 11:55PM GMT
Your grandfather was a very interesting man. One of the pioneer blackjack card counters, a very well-known professional gamble. Very highly regarded in the gambling profession. When did he die?
Cheers,
Russ McDermott

steve kruth (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 6:34PM GMT
holly

i have a great photo graph of your grandfather

if you would like it ill email it to you

send me your email

Jerry Perchesky (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 4:25AM GMT
Dear Holly: We have never met, but I am your fathers 1st cousin. My mothers maiden name was Eva Kimmel, Manny's sister. I knew Manny quite well. We would get together in LA or Vegas every so often. He stayed with us up in Watsonville, Calif. on many occassions. He was at my mothers funeral. He did not pass away in her 80"s. She died as a result of an automobile accident in 1966, and was only 62 years old. Would love ot hear from you....You may know my brother, Chuck Karel who is an Opera singer (we saw him do LA TRAVIOTA in Vegas last month), and has appeared in numerous Broadway shows. Your cousin..Jerry

Timothy Kimmel (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 12:34PM GMT
Manny Kimmel of Philadelphia with a sister Eva?

This census record might be your family, even though the data does not perfectly fit your family story:

1920 Federal Census
Philadelphia, PA; Enumeration dist. 106, page 6
319 Pemberton St in the 4th Ward
Kimell, Louis age 36 born Austria (Yiddish)
wife Ethel age 33 born Hungary (Yiddish)
dau. Eva age 13 born Pennsylvania
dau. Helen age 9 born Pennsylvania
son Sam age 6 born Pennsylvania
dau. Lilly age 4-2/12 born Pennsylvania
son Manuel age 1 born Pennsylvania

This Louis is recorded in the census as a huckster on wagon who rents his home, immigrated in 1904 and naturalized in 1915.

Re: Manny Kimmel (Sammy Kimmel's Grandson)

Robbie Weiss (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2003 11:13PM GMT
Holly....hope you are well. You probably do not remeber me, but I am Sam Kimmel's grandson. we only met a few times in Miami.

I use to spend many of my weekends with your Grandfather and Ivi.

I would love to know if you had any luck tracing family backround.

Regards,

Robbie Weiss

Jerry Perchesky (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2004 8:04PM GMT
Manny Kimmel was my Uncle. My mother Eva Kimmel was his sister, as was Molly, and Dorothy

Re: Manny Kimmel (Sammy Kimmel's Grandson)

Jelrry Perchesky (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2004 8:09PM GMT
Robbie, I am your Mother's first cousin. My mother and your Grandfather Sammy were half sister and brother. Knew them both well.Your Grandparents, Sammy and Beattie lived in Watsonville, Calif. with us for a while.I live nr Palm Springs, Cal and your mother and I keep in touch via email. I remember when your mom and dad first came to Los Angeles. We saw each other often. Wish you well, and drop me a line if u wish...Jerry Perchesky

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 1:50PM GMT
Hello Holly -

I worked at Time Warner in the late 70's through 1995. I met Ceasar Kimmel. Is he still alive? My Mother, Father, and I were friends of the Rosenthals.

Nina Robinson Crooks

P.S. I saw the story about Manny Kimmel on the Biography channel, and it was very good.

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 6:28PM GMT
Have your Kimmels ever gone by the surname Kimline or Kimelheim? That's the spelling in the 1910 and 1930 census records I'm sure applies to this family. 1910, 1920 & 1930 censuses are summarized here, birth years are estimated:

Father Louis (1884 Galica prov. Austria, Yiddish)
Mother Ethel (1885 Hungary, Yiddish)
Children: Eva (1907), Helen (1909), Samuel (1914), Lillian (1916), Emanuel ("Manny," 1919), Edward (1922), Theodore (1929)...(more?) and one child born prior to 1910 who died young.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions