Search for content in message boards

merrifields

Benoni Merrifield

Posted: 25 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:08AM GMT
Hi, Cindy,
Benoni Merrifield was the s/o Hedgman Merrifield and Joanna Merrill. Some researchers gives F. Hedgman Merrifield but can't prove this. Did not check my files before I got on this but Benoni was born in Ky (can't remember the Co!!). I am well aware of the records of Warren Co, Il because I researched there and sent same to Wayne C. Hart years ago. I am trying to get back to Warren and Knox Cos, Il To do more searching. Macoupin is just south of Warren. Want a good copy of the John Merrifield Rev War pension papers- have one but is very poor (copy of copy of copy, etc). Have indications of Merrifield's in Rock Island, Il (Quad cities) but have not been able to get there yet. Also a branch of Merrifield's in LaSalle Co I have to check out also. Am trying to do Ill records and substantiate/disprove data accordingly. Am trying to do everything that I can to help put this family together!!!

Confused-no- I uderstand you perfectly. Have worked with this family data for about 25 years. Will run my CD and see if I can come up with a death date of Benj. Abbott- will try the huge Soc Sec file at my local Gen Soc Lib also.
Mary

merrifields

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Merrifield, Doyle, Abbott, Foley, Tucker, Frey, Eaton
Hello Mary. i am so excited, maybe now we will be able to fill in the blanks, if all of the Merrifields get together, we can finish this.Here is my line. I am stuck athe moment getting proof who my Merrifield belongs to.My line goes:
Benoni Merrifield b 3-11-1811 Ky. or Tn. d? Delilah Merrifield(Abbott)b.8-17-1815 d.1-25-1885.Cass co. Mo.Married 6-9-1836 Warren co. il son Benjamin,b.12-1847,Il.d.?married Hannah Strickland,duaghter Cora Merrifield b1872 Il.m.Maurice Doyle 10-27-1903 Warren co.Il.d.1942 Rock Island co. Delilahs parents were Lydia and johnston Abbott.Lydias mother was Mary Tucker (Merrifield) daughter of Samuel Merrifield Sr. Confused yet? Me too.

Greeup Abbott

Posted: 26 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:08AM GMT
Macoupin Co, Il Mgs Vol 1; 6 Jul 1829-22 Dec 1839, pg 1, Rec #117: Abbott, Greenup to Elizabeth Mayfield, bd 24 Mar 1834, m 27 Mar 1834.

Davis', Springer, Mayfield/Maxfield/Mansfield mgs also listed. Lib also has 1850 Cen of Macouin Co will run that. Bunker Hill Cem, Macoupin Co, Il lists Davis, no Merrifield/etc, no Springers. Copied Mayfield/Maxfield/; Springer, earliest Davis women's marriages. No record to date of John Merryfield/Merrifield in Macoupin Co except for a very poor copy of his Rev Pension app.

Will try Warren Co and Knox Co next along with Cen of Macoupin Co.
Mary

Benoni Merrifield

mayoder (View posts)
Yes, I have seen the name Greenup Merrifield, believe I saw it in the Knox Co, Il History. Will recheck and see if I am right. I think there is a copy in my local Gen Lib in Bloomington. I thought I copied this data and sent it to Wayne C. Hart years ago when I did the other research. Of course that data may be lost. Do not know where his data is now. Am trying to find out how to post wills/mgs/land record/etc to this site for easy reference. That would be so much easier for all of us. We all have so much data. It would be nice to get it all "out there" for everyone to see and add to.
Mary

Merrifield

cindy (View posts)
Surnames: Merrifield, Abbott, Tucker
Hello again Mary. My Benjamin is a Merrifield.His mother, Delilah's maiden name was Abbott.I havent heard of the H.Merrifield you mentioned, if you come across anything I would appreciate it.Here is the oddity on my line. I am double related, because Delilahs moyher was Lydia Tucker, her mother was Mary Merrifield son of Samuel Sr. Then comes Benoni, who is also a Merrifield.Do you have any documents for Benonis father, and where he was born? In the 1880 census for cass co. mo. it states his parents were born in Ireland. I have been working with Pam quite a bit and we thought this was very interesting (the Ireland connection)Do you recall seeing Greenup Merrifield from Monmouth,Il? If so do you know who his father is? Well I hope to hear from you soon cindy

merrifields

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: merrifield, abbott
hi mary. a couple quick notes. I have census records for Greenup Abbott in Warren co. Il. 1850 living next door to Johnson Abboott 61 Ky, Lydia 61, and Alexander 24.Greenup was married living with wife,Elizabeth 29,Malinda 12,Lewis 10. Sarah 8, Larkin 6, Alfred 4, Granville 3, Johnson2, Elizabeth 1. All children born in Illinois. wife born in MD.Greenup born in Ky. For Greenup Merrifield, I have census records for him living in Warren co.1850 with the family of Samuel Douglas,He is 16 at the time.Then 1870 WarrenCo.living with Cordelia(19)PA. There is also Greenup Merrifield buried Monmouth Cem civil war vet.Also do you know if Greenup Abbott had a brother named Abner or Hiram?See the names a lot in warren Co.

Benoni Merrifield

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Merrifield
Help Mary!
I have Benoni born 1810/1811 as the son of John and Pricilla Davis. Not son of Hedgeman as have him b abt 1802. Do have Cindy's Benjamin as Benoni's son. Can you help me? Perhaps my dates are wrong. Also could be more than 1. Thanks, Loice

Merrifield

Surnames: Merrifield, Tucker
Cindy,
Is this Mary Lee Merrifield mar to George Tucker? Parents of Lydia? Believe Lydia had sibs Hiram, Delilah, Geo jr,Greenup, Clark, Alex and J Booth. Have nothing more than just names. Do you have any thing as far as dates, marriages, etc? Mary Yoder poss has all that.
Loice

Merrifield

Surnames: merrifield, Welch, Douglas
Cindy, Sent you an email, intended to post here. Anyway, perhaps have a clue, really just a hunch. John A "Jack" Merrifield mar Sarah "Sallie" Welch and her GF James (IRE) mar a Miss Douglas. That is the only reference I have to the Douglas name and don't know if mar in US or Ire/Eng. As these families were so closely allied and intermarried so often, it is possible Douglas' married into other Merrifield lines and the ones Greenup was staying with in Warren Co were relatives. Know this doesn't give you much, but maybe a clue? Would really be interested if you or anyone does find a connection, as this Miss Douglas would be one of my several Xs greats. Am desc of John A and Sarah Welch.
Loice

merrifields

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: merrifield, tucker, davis, abbott, doyle
Hi. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Yes my Mary Merrifield was married to George Tucker. That is my line, Lydia Tucker married Johnston Abbott, had a daughter Delilah Abbott who married my gggrandfather Benoni Merrifield. Looks like they were related somehow, if his father was indeed John (Priscella Davis) Merrifield. Benoni had a son Benjamin, my great great grandfather he had a dughter Cora, she married Maurice Doyle, and had my grandma Hannah. The date I have for Benoni is 1811. So I think we are on the same page. Hopefully IO will have time to get back with this research. Cindy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions