Search for content in message boards

Malone - Essex County, New Jersey

Malone - Essex County, New Jersey

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 6:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Malone
I am looking for any information on the Malone surname in Essex County, New Jersey. Births, Deaths, Obits, etc...

Re: Malone - Essex County, New Jersey

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 6:43AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Malone & Cahill
Star-Ledger, The (Newark, NJ) - September 18, 1999
Deceased Name: Eileen Malone
OBITUARY

Mrs. Eileen Malone, 80, of Orange died yesterday in the West Caldwell Care Center.

A Mass will be offered at 9:30 a.m. Monday in St. John's Church, 90 Ridge St., Orange, following the funeral from the Farmer Funeral Home, 45 Roseland Ave., Roseland.

Mrs. Malone was an office worker for Bates Manufacturing Company, West Orange, for four years before retiring many years ago.

She was a member of St. John's Rosary Society and had been president of the Christian Brothers Parent-Teachers Club of Orange.

Born in Montclair, she lived in West Orange before moving to Orange 29 years ago.

Surviving are her husband, Clinton; a son, Joseph M.; and a sister, Mrs. Regina Cahill.
Copyright (c) 1999 The Star-Ledger. All Rights Reserved. Used by NewsBank with Permission.

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 2:06AM GMT
I have some information on Malone families in Newark, Essex, NJ in the late 1800's. Two of them married into my Barton line. The information comes mostly from St James Church, Newark, records and St Patrick's Pro-Cathederal, Newark, records. I used Salt Lake films. I am not finished with the St Patrick's film as of this date. I have taken digital photo records of them. If you are interested in this time period, give me some names and approximate dates and I will see what I have for you. Here is what i have connected to my Barton's.I believe the information is accurate.

Father Phillip Malone and spouse Elizabeth Finnigan
1st child Catherine Malone married Daniel O'Brien
2nd child Edward Malone
3rd Child Phillip Malone married Florence BARTON
their children are Mary E.,John J., Florence C., Catherine, Regina A., Phillip J. and Adeline.
4th child was James L. Malone and spouse was Lettie Trevcthan (spelling?). There children were James, John, and Joseph H.
5th child was Peter Malone
6th child was John Edward Malone and Spouse was Catherine BARTON. Their children were John, Dorothy and Edward.
I do have dates but that is all I know about them. Get back to me with names you are intereted in and I will check my computer.

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Malone & Finnigan
Ma’am,

This is a remarkable coincidence. It appears that you are researching the very same family that I suspect to be my ancestors. I am possibly a descendent of Phillip Malone and Elizabeth Finnigan’s 2nd child Edward Malone. If this is the same Edward, he may have been born somewhere about 1869 or 1870 in New Jersey. He was married twice and had at least five children; including, my grandfather Frank.
I would certainly appreciate any information that you have on this family and would like to provide you with any information or assistance that I can.

Very respectfully,
Jeff

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 8:27PM GMT
Jeff
First dont go by the name I put up on the board, my name is Jack. Also I am going to change and add to the names I gave you before. We certainly do seem to have a connection here. After receiving your last message I went back to my databank to recheck the family and see what I knew about Edward Malone. I show him born circa 1869 also. I found additional children for Phillip and Elizabeth so my order shows: Catherine, Helen, Peter, Philip, Edward, Phillip, James, Peter and John. The first Philip must have died young.
I have the Baptism record of all the children except Edward. Sadly the filmed record in his time period, 1869, shows mixed up and missing pages.
This family shows up in Church records of St John's and St James in Newark. I am really researching Barton's but will record Malone's as I see them since two Barton's married into the family. I havent really tried to folllow them through the rest of their lives but would gladly exchange information.
Do you want to contact me directly through my email?

Jack

Posted: 4 Jul 2007 7:09AM GMT
Sir,

Thanks for the information. I would love to receive anything you have found on this family. I will gladly share what I have on this family with you. I agree we should use direct e-mails in the future.

Very respectfully,
Jeff

Posted: 31 Aug 2007 7:00AM GMT
Surnames: Malone, Cunningham, Whitson & Purpura
Clinton F. Malone of Orange, 90 - Mr. Clinton F. Malone died Saturday at Saint Barnabas Hospital, Livingston. He was 90 years old. A Funeral Mass will be held at St. Johns Church, Ridge Road, Orange, on Tuesday at 10 oclock. Interment will be at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, East Hanover, N.J. Friends may call at the Farmer Funeral Home, 45 Roseland Ave., Roseland, on Monday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Mr. Malone worked in the quality control department at the Bendix Corp. in Teterboro for 41 years before retiring 23 years ago. Born in West Orange, he lived in Orange and West Orange before returning to Orange 30 years ago. Mr. Malone was a member of the Holy Name Society and a former Eucharistic minister at St. Johns Church. Mr. Malone was the husband of the late Eileen Cunningham Malone. He is survived by a son, Joseph M. Malone and two nieces, Joan Whitson and Mary Lou Purpura, and many other nieces and nephews. Those who wish may make donations to St. Johns Church.
Published in the Star-Ledger on 7/22/2007.

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
James Malone, 57, trial attorney for Justice Department in Washington
The Star-Ledger
Thursday, July 08, 2004:
A memorial Mass for James M. Malone, 57, of Arlington, Va., formerly of New Jersey, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday in St. Johns Church, Orange.
Mr. Malone, who died June 23 at home, was a trial attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., for 30 years before retiring.
He received his bachelors degree from Seton Hall University in South Orange and his law degree from New York Law School in Manhattan.
Mr. Malone served in the Army during Desert Storm as a captain. He later joined the Air Force Reserves and retired in 1996 as a lieutenant colonel.
Born in Orange, he lived in West Orange before moving to Virginia.
Surviving are his mother, Grace Malone, and brothers, Raymond and Edward.

Posted: 2 Aug 2008 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Military
ARMY OF THE UNITED STATES.
CERTIFICATE OF DISABILITY FOR DISCHARGE.
(To be used, in duplicate, in all cases of discharge on account of disability.)

Private Peter Malone of Captain Bartlett’s Company, (C) of the Seventh Regiment of N. J. Vols. Was enlisted by Capt. Bartlett of the 7th Regiment of N.J. Vols. At Orange, N.J. on the twenty-eighth day of August 1861, to serve three years; he was born in Co. Meath in Ireland is twenty-one years of age, five feet eight inches high, light complexion, blue eyes, brown hair, and by occupation when enlisted a laborer. During the last two months said soldier has been unfit for duty 60 days. (Here consult directions on Form 12, p. 269, Medical Dept. Gen. Reg.)

STATION: U.S. Gen. Hospital Judiciary Square, Washington, D.C.
DATE: November 1862
Charles Page
Surgeon, U.S.A.
In charge of Hospital

I certify, that I have carefully examined the said Peter Malone of Captain Bartlett’s Company, and find him incapable of performing the duties of a soldier because of (Here consult par. 1134, p. 245, and directions on Form 12, p. 269, Med. Dept. Gen. Reg.) Atrophy of the optic nerves, partial blindness.

Charles Page
Surgeon, U.S.A.
In charge of Hospital

DISCHARGED, this 27th day of November 1862, at U.S. Gen. Hospital Judiciary Square Washington, D.C.
Charles Page
Surgeon, U.S.A.
In charge of Hospital

NOTE 1. – When a probable case for pension, special care must be taken to state the degree of disability.
NOTE 2. – The place where the soldier desires to be addressed may be here added.
Town –
County –
State –

[GOV. PRINT. OFF., Mar. 28, 1862.]

(DUPLICATES.)

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 3:25AM GMT
Trenton Evening Times (Trenton, NJ) – Wednesday, December 28, 1921
Entertains Friends at Dance
Miss Elizabeth Olmstead
Dr. and Mrs. W. D. Olmstead of 948 Stuyvesant Avenue, last evening entertained at a charming dance at Oaklands in honor of their daughter, Miss Elizabeth Olmstead. Mr. and Mrs. Allen Malone of East Orange assisted Dr. and Mrs. Olmstead in receiving the guests. The clubhouse was attractively decorated in keeping with the holiday season. Music was furnished by Barlow’s orchestra.
The guests included: Miss Helen Walsh, Miss Dorothy Eisenbach, Miss Margaret Conway, Miss Helen Brady, Miss Doris Taylor, Miss Lorna Taylor, Miss Hazel Myers, Miss Mildred Myers, Miss Louise Carmine of east orange, Miss Helen Donnelly, Miss Helen Kirk, Miss Marion Erickson, Miss Thelma Harrison, Miss Katherine Bugbee, Miss Cristobel Zeigler, Miss Katherine Jamison, Miss Emma Holmes and Miss Helen Crawford; Messrs. Ronald Rogers, Edward Mahoney, Albert Mahoney, William Malone, Harry Gihon, Ivans Jessop, Frank Jamison, Donald Walsh, Peter Thropp, James Taylor, Horace Royle, Charles Ditmars, John Callahan, Joseph Lenzner, Henry Slamin, Joseph Slamin, Robert Barwis, Lindsey de Valliere, Norman Reeves, Charles Fulkert, and Crawford Jamison.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic