Search for content in message boards

Obit look-up - Syracuse 1924-1934

Obit look-up - Syracuse 1924-1934

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 7:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moncrieff
I'm looking for an obit or a newspaper article about an Earl D. Moncrieff. He was my grandfather's best friend, supposed to marry my grandmother's younger sister. He was the witness for my grandparents' wedding in 1924. He crossed the border into the US in 1924. According to family legend, he committed suicide.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sheryl Curtis

Re: Obit look-up - Syracuse 1924-1934

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 3:26AM GMT
I found a marriage notice for an Earl Darley Moncrieff who married Myrtle Elizabeth Vadnais at St. Paul's Episcopal church in Syracuse in February of 1926.
She was the daughter of Mrs. Richard J. Vadnais and he the son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Moncrieff of Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

There is also a 1930 picture of an Earl Moncrieff in a Syracuse newspaper.

Look at www.fultonhistory.com and search for Earl Moncrieff, Earl D. Moncrieff, and Earl Darley Moncrieff, E. D. Moncrieff, etc. and you will find articles in Syracuse newspapers.

Re: Obit look-up - Syracuse 1924-1934

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 8:38PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2012 8:51PM GMT
Services for Myrtle Elizabeth Moncrieff,
84, 821 E. Brighton Ave.,died Tuesday St. Joseph's Hospital, 11 a.m. Friday Hadley Chapel St. Paul's Episcopal
Cathedral. Oakwood-Moriurigside Cemetery. family will greet visitors in theBrewster Room of the cathedral following
the services.There will be no calling hours.Syracuse Post Standard December 15, 1983 no children mentioned in obit

Syracuse Herald November 27, 1931 Salesman Shoots Self
Earl D. Moncrieff, 32,in Poor Health long article u can access at www.newspaperarchive.com says his wife and mos law were preparing the former radio salesmans dinner at their home 117 dearborn place when he, while in the bedroom, shot himself in the head with a small caliber handgun. he had been despondent , in poor health, unable to find employment, recently spent 3 weeks at danville sanitorium-Funeral services will be conducted privately at home Rev. Dr. Henry H. Hadley St. Pauls Episcopal Church.
Oakwood Cemetery. had lived In Syracuseeight years. member Granite Ledge 363. I. O. O. F. Surviving besides his wile are his parentsMr. and Mrs.robert Moncrieff Kingston. Ont., brother.
Kenneth Moncrief, Kingston

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions