Search for content in message boards

LEBKOWSKY/HEINE Families

LEBKOWSKY/HEINE Families

Vicki Watts (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LEBKOWSKY HEINE ZIEGEL POTSCHINSKY
Am looking for info on William LEBKOWSKY, b. Nov. 23, 1853 in Germany and d.Jul. 29, 1937 in TX, and his wife Agnes HEINE LEBKOWSKY, b.Feb. 25, 1862 and d. May 13, 1937 in Texas. Am told William came as a child with his sister, Julianna (she later married a POTSCHINSKY) and his mother Suzanna ZIEGEL LEBKOWSKY b.Mar. 21, 1818 in Germany and d.Aug. 23, 1917 in Texas. His father Christoph LEBKOWSKY had died in Germany. Agnes HEINE may have come with her parents or she may have been born in the US but I don't know the name of her parents. Any info about these families would be appreciated.

LEBKOWSKY/HEINE Family

Posted: 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2001 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: LEBKOWSKY, HEINE, ZIEGEL, PURCZINSKY
As an update to the above message, recent information suggests William LEBKOWSKY may have been born in Heringburg, Poland. I am searching Germany, Prussia, and Poland. His sister Juliana married Franz Purczinsky and they had 2 children in Prussia before moving to Texas 1873-1875 (Adolph L. and Emma A.). They lived in Washington Co., TX at the time of the 1880 Census, and Juliana and William's mother, Susan (Ziegel) LEBKOWSKY was living with them. William and Agnes LEBKOWSKY were living in Fayette Co., TX at the time of the 1880 Census. I am not certain whether William came at the same time as his sister Juliana (Lebkowsky) Purczinsky. I am looking for any info. on William (Wilhelm) LEBKOWSKY, b.Nov. 23, 1853 and his wife Agnes HEINE, b. Feb. 25, 1862 and their parents. Please note my new E-mail address: Vwatts75@aol.com

Re: LEBKOWSKY/HEINE Family

Posted: 26 Mar 2003 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: Lebkowsky, Purczinsky, Guderian, Roberts
Vicki,

I believe we are related to one another. I am a descendant of Franz and Julia (Lebkowsky) Purczinsky. My great-grandmother (Emma) was the grandaughter of Franz and Julia. Her parents were Albertina Guderian and Adolf Purczinsky. Evidently she was named after Adolf's sister who was also named Emma. I just recently found out that the Guderian brother and sister married the Purczinsky brother and sister. Emma married Samuel Roberts and had three daughters. My grandmother was the oldest and named Grace. She married John Huntsinger Sr. and they lived in Lorena, Texas. How are you related to Julia Lebkowsky? I don't know very much about this side of my family. I do have a five generation picture of me with great- great grandfather Purczinsky, Emma, my grandmother Grace and my dad. I also know that my great grandmother and grandmother spoke German. My grandmother often spoke fondly of her grandparents and how wonderful they were to her. Emma would make homemade bread and it smelled sooo good! Emma and Samuel lived on a farm in Levi, Texas. Samuels name, we believe, was changed from Roberson or Robertson to Roberts. Emma told my father, when she was very ill, that Samuels family were outlaws and had to change their name. She didn't want us to think our family name was really Roberts when it was Roberson. I am still trying to find out more about why they changed the name. If you have any family pictures that could be scanned and e-mailed I would love to see them. I believe my father has some of the old picutres from this side of the family. Donna Nowak

Posted: 26 Mar 2003 6:24AM GMT
Vicki,

I found some very interesting facts and names from this list of orginal settlers in McLennan county. The family name Heine and Guderian are listed with the Gummelt families. It mentions that they came from Prussia and Galveston. Perhaps Darrel Monroe can help you. Here is his entry. Look under Gummelt Families in Texas.

Gummelt Families in Texas
Author: darrel monroe Date: 23 Mar 2002
Board: Boards > Surnames > Gummelt
I am trying to connect two sets of Gummelt families in Texas. The first are descendants of Martin and Annie Gummelt. Most settled in Washington County and McLennan County. ...

Darrel Monroe (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2003 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: GUMMELT, GUDERIAN, DRESNER, WITTNER, PURCZINSKY
You mentioned a Albertina GUDERIAN. I have a Albertine Bertha GUDERIAN in my database (b. 23 Sep 1868). Do you believe this is the same person? I believe her parents were Ludwig GUDERIAN and Annie DRESNER. There are many connections between the GUDERIAN, GUMMELT, WITTNER, and PURCZINSKY families. Even though some of these families are parallel lines, I'm still interested in looking at the relationships, because some of the distant cousins and in-laws may have information on the lines I'm directly related, and vice versa.

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 7:49AM GMT
Daniel, what are your Purczinsky and Gummelt connections? These are ancestors of mine.

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 7:57AM GMT
Surnames: Lebkowsky, Purczinsky, Ziegel
I am a descendant of Franz and Julia (Lebkowsky) Purczinsky. I am looking for the entries in the 1880 Washington Co., TX census, but cannot find them. Do you have the location? Here is some of the information that I have: FRANZ: Born Sept. 24, 1845 per 1938 death certificate (death on Jan. 9). 1900 McLennan Cty Pct 1 ED 68 census (image 40 of 63) sheet 20 shows Franz b Sep 1846 in Germany, age 53, married 31 yrs, both parents b Germany, immigrated 1874 from Germany, naturalized citizen, occupation farmer, can read, write and speak English, farm owned with a mortgage. Probably settled in Washington Co., TX, where son Otto Henry was born in the year after they immigrated. Moved to McLennan Co. prior to 1900.
1900 McLennan Cty Pct 1 census. Frank purchased 63 acres on 1/2/02 out of the Ignacio Golinda League Grant in McLennan Co (vol 146 p 303).
JULIA: Born in Germany and immigrated from there with husband Franz to the U.S. in 1874 per 1900 census. Death certificate on file states residence in Levi for 63 years at time of death in 1947, which would mean Franz and Julia moved to Levi in 1884 after being in the U.S. for ten years. 1900 McLennan Cty Pct 1 ED 68 census (image 40 of 63) sheet 20 shows Julia b Jan 1851, age 49, married 31 years, 10 children, all still alive, both parents born in Germany, could not read or write English but could speak it. Two children living with Julia and Franz were Paul (20?), Ervin, 17, Willie 14, Lydia, 12, Martha 9 and Hermann 7. Paul is shown as born in Germany and immigrating with parents although it appears his age is shown as 20.
1910 McLennan Cty Pct 1 ED 76 sheet 27B (image 54 of 59) shows Julia, age 59, 11 children, 10 living, could speak and now could read English but still could not write English. Sons Willie L. 24 and Herman 17, both single and b Texas still living with parents and now Susanna Lebkowsky (age 90), Julia's mother, is living with them.
1920 census shows Julia, age 68, year naturalized 1892?
1930 Census McLennan County Bullhide Creek shows Julia, age 78, as b Germany while under son Otto's entry she is b Pozen. Julia was about 96 years old when she died in 1947, which of course would have meant that she was alive as my father Jerry Walters' great-great grandmother for his first nine years, making Jerry a fifth-generation descendant. Great-great grandfather Franz just missed the fifth-generation goal, at least for my direct ancestral line, since he died six months prior to Jerry being born.
I am most interested in sharing information, please contact me at your convenience.

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 8:10AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2006 1:47PM GMT
Donna, I am a descendant of Franz and Julia Lebkowsky as well. I am very interested in sharing information, please contact me.

Darrel Monroe (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 3:33PM GMT
Hi,
Edward Lee GUMMELT was my GG Grandfather. He and his brother's Peter and Gottlieb and a sister Pauline immigrated to Texas from Posen Province in the early 1870s. I'm not directly related to the PURCZINSKY family, but there were GUMMELTs that did marry PURCZINSKYs. There was also an Augusta FREYTAG GUMMELT who had children Amelia and Gottlieb that also settled in Texas about the same time. They lived in the Hallettsville area (Lavaca County, Texas). I have not been able to directly connect these families at this time. Edward Lee settled in Washington County, TX. His brothers and sister were in the Washington County area, but moved on to McLennan, Hamilton, and Falls Counties.

Darrel

Posted: 4 Nov 2003 3:42AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2006 1:47PM GMT
Thanks, Darrel. And sorry about the confusion on your name.

Kevin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions