Search for content in message boards

West Point Cemetery Records

West Point Cemetery Records

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anybody know who maintains the records for West Point Cemetery in Liberty Indiana? Thanks.

Re: West Point Cemetery Records

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 2:21AM GMT
The last time I was there..25 years ago, it was a little old lady. She wasn't very helpful. If you need more than names try to get in touch with the courthouse.

My Campbells are there and so are my Forkners but they are listed as Faulkner

http://www.union-county.lib.in.us/Union%20County%20History/C...

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 2:33PM GMT
West Point cemetery was "abandoned" by its board earlier this year. They had complained that they did not have enough income to compete with the cost of maintaining the cemetery. A group of citizens have gotten together and formed a new board. The records are sitting behind me at the Union County Public Library HOWEVER I have not really looked at them. According to some they are VERY hard to figure out. We will just have to wait and see what happens at the cemetery.

K.A. Coffey

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 2:44PM GMT
Karen, is there someone at the Union County Public Library who will do some look-ups when time permits? My email address is gerri_burke@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 9:40PM GMT
The books are sitting. I have looked in them once. It will be a long time before I understand the system. We are just housing them. They still belong to the cemetery. We have a written version online at

http://www.union-county.lib.in.us/Union%20County%20History/C...

The books are old, smelly and do a job on my allergies. I hope the above link will help. I will have more time later this summer after we get done with inventory, the new website and summer reading program.

Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic