Search for content in message boards

Isaac Johnson born 1780 Vermont

Isaac Johnson born 1780 Vermont

Posted: 25 Jan 2000 8:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, brown
Looking for ancestory of Isaac Johnson born in 1780 in VT. Married Ruth Brown, dau of Heman and Mary West Brown. Children: Isaac, Anna, Miranda, Oliver, Abiathar, William, David, Seriel. By 1802 the family moved to Bethany, genesse county, NY. Isaac served in the NY Militia in the War of 1812.

Re: Isaac Johnson born 1780 Vermont

Judith Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, farley
The birth in VT at 1780 is early for by family. The name Isacc appears in this time period in my VT family. Ephraim Johnson, b. March 31, 1742 in Andover MA; m. Mary FARLEY of Reading,MA 1765. Andover is the family home for this Johnson family since 1646, and as the youngest (without an inheritance or land)moved iinto the unsettled American wilderness to Wilton NH. I know of only two of Andrew and Mary's children, Mary his dau that took care of them in their old age and my ancestor, Andrew who moved to Ludlow VT. Of Andrew's Children, all born in Ludlow VT, I have two males Isaac b. 1812 in Ludlow and David (my gggrandfather). My notes from the family genealogy show that Isaac's family(just children? parents too?) moved to Cinncinati OH. His children were: Charles, Lyman, Samuel and Emma. Davids' children were: Issace, ElizA, Hiram, Samuel, and Darius.

speculation: I think it is likely that Andrew Johnson had a brother Isaac to match the time period you are reseaching.

Judith Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, farley
I'm sorry, the format of the message space makes it difficult to proof the message. Ephraim and Mary (Farley) Johnson had two children that I know of(likely more since this was the missing link in our family tree). These children were Andrew and Mary. Andrew Johnson moved to Ludlow VT and married Betsey (?). I know he had more children, but my notes whow two males: David (my grandfather) and Isaac b. 1812. I hope this clarifies my message.

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Johnson
I'm interested in your information on Ruth Brown who married Isaac Johnson. I am looking for Abiathar Brown born about 1800 on or Near long Island. Since your Johnson's named a son Abiathar I'm hoping it may be after Ruth's side of the family.

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Johnson
I'm interested in your information on Ruth Brown who married Isaac Johnson. I am looking for Abiathar Brown born about 1800 on or Near long Island. Since your Johnson's named a son Abiathar I'm hoping it may be after Ruth's side of the family.

Re: Isaac Johnson born 1780 Vermont - Abiathar Brown

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 7:09PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:56AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Johnson, Robinson
I 'm searching for Abiathar Brown b. 1799 or 1800 probably on or near Long Island. Suffolk Co most likely. He married Sophia (Johnson or Robinson) I have some records from
1830 on but need info on his parents name or his birth or marriage record.
send reply to sbrow447@yahoo.com

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 5:15AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2009 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Johnson, Robinson
I have never known how to check my inquiry at this site so I just now seen it. My Abiathar Brown was born around 1800 on Long Island as far as I have been able to piece together. He married Sophia Johnson or Robinson. I would love to share information with you. You can email me at sbrow447@gmail.com

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
Judith:

My name is Ron McIntire and doing research on Ephraim Johnson of Wilton, NH. I corresponded with you in about 2009 on same subject.

I would like to reopen our conversation on Ephraim and his children, especailly Andrew, Josiah, Mary and Elizabeth as I have more information you may be interested in.

Ron McIntire
per page

Find a board about a specific topic