Search for content in message boards

Margaret Price/Margaret Showalter/Elizabeth Swallow

Margaret Price/Margaret Showalter/Elizabeth Swallow

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 2:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Price, Showalter, Swallow
I know that they are buried in Brownsville Christian Cemetery in Union Co. IN. I am wondering if anyone has an obit for any of them. I am trying to get more concrete information on Margaret Price (1768-1866) and her husband, Ephraim.

I am descended from Mary Ann (Price) Downard.

I have an obit from Sarah Elizabeth (Price) Brownfield, which says something about her father being a drummer in the Revolution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: Margaret Price/Margaret Showalter/Elizabeth Swallow

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Showalter, Abernathy
A Margaret Price Showalter is in a collateral line of mine. Ephraim Price Showalter (1823-1898) was said in Biographical and Genealogical History of Wayne, Fayette, Union, and Franklin Counties, 1899, p 724-725, to be son of Joseph Showalter and Margaret Price. This Ephraim Showalter was buried in Fairview Cemetery, Shelby County, IN. He married Mary Abernathy in 1848 in Union County. If you are interested, I can supply a printout of the details I have about Ephraim, with sources.

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 4:21AM GMT
I would love that.

I am hoping on finding some clue about Ephraim Price... 3 of his daughters (Margaret (Price) Showalter, Elizabeth (Price) Swallow, and Sarah (Price) Brownfield moved to that area. Ephraim's widow Margaret Price moved to join her daughters at some point.

Sarah moved to join her sister Mary Ann (Price) Downard in Iowa.

Thank you so much for responding

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 3:27PM GMT
The Union County newspapers were not kept on a yearly basis until 1934, until then our newspapers are very hit and miss. We have all the known issues at the library on microfilm, and neither of these names appear in the index. Brownsville did have its own newspaper, but there are even fewer issues.

Sorry.
K. A. Coffey

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 4:55PM GMT
thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it very much

I seem to be quickly running out of avenues to learn about them. This may require far more creative thinking.

And I am open to suggestions on creative thinking....

Justina

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 5:20PM GMT
Justina, I hoped to send you a report on what I have on Ephraim Price Showalter, but it's in Word format and I find that RootsWeb won't accept such a file. If you would like to give me your email address, I'll send the report to you directly. It may have some useful suggestions for your further research.
Joan Lince

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 5:40PM GMT
my email is justinavic@gmail.com

Thank you so much for any help. I think it is wonderful that there are people willing to help others. I have been posting photos and have posted copies of what documents I have to help other people.

I really appreciate your help.

Justina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions